Heating In Is250

Guys

My 1st Gen IS250 heating is funny. On consistent speeds of 30+ mph, the heating works fine. However, below that it gives out cool air even with the highest heat setting. So if I'm driving for 30 mins with 30+ mph and then drop down to stop and go traffic, I only get cool air. Has anybody seen this?

My mechanic says it's best to flush the antifreeze and neon, etc but I don't know if that's the problem since higher speeds it's no problem

Thanks

There is a air pocket in the cooling system caused by a leak. Check the over flow jug, if its empty , their is a cause, check the water pump for noise and/ or leakage, anything pink in that area indicates a leak. It is very hard to see the leak on the IS the coolant coagulates behind the pump pulley, try a mirror and a very bright flash light. This condition will also cause a longer than normal cold start high idle speed, added fuel consumption, and at times a unstable in gear idle .

I second what james is saying there.

If there is an air pocket and you need to burp the system then make sure your heating is up full before burping and top up the the antifreeze in the header tank to the required amount