Waiting For My New 2013

pj8708

Earlier, I told some of you about my recent car accident. It ended up totaling my beautiful 2010, ES350 - with only 13,300 miles on it. It was Black Saphire with the spcial wire style wheels they offered only in 2010.

The last thing on my mind was trading in my 2010 since it was paid for and since I had it hand washed and cleaned by a detail shop every two weeks, it always looked brand new. So here I was forced to make a decsion to buy a 2013 ES.. What a shame.....

At my excellent dealer, I found a beautiful black, ES350, with parchment interior. It had all the bell & whistles, and drove like a dream. (I like 'em smooth and quiet). My friend, the salesman, and I agreed on a price, Now I said, I need to run this deal by my wife and then I'll be back in the morning to wrap thicks up. This was about 3:00 p.m.

The next day when I returned, I found out that another sales man, not knowing there was a hold on the car, sold it to someone else.

Now, The dealer is in the process of checking around the country to try and find a match to the one I wanted.

This is actually a good thing. I found out a few things. Do you think the upolstury in your 2013 is leather? Maybe, maybe not. More than likely it's Nu Luxe. Looks like leather, softer than leather, but not leather. Remember when your Lexus came with lleather just because it was a Lexus? Now you have to pay for it. You can get heated front seats as part of the luxury package. But, if you want COOLED seats as well you have to by the leather. Remember when the rear shade came with the Luxury package?......now you have to buy a seperate package to get the rear shade. (I think it comes with the leather.

I'll let you know if and when the car comes in.

By the way.....whats your opinion of slightly graphite colored chrome wheels?

Paul

Wow Paul it must have been much worse than I thought from what you told me.

Congrats on the new car...and I can't stand companies like BMW, Mercedes and now Lexus...charging extra for leather. Spoke to a salesman at a Mercedes dealership and I noticed all of the SUVs I was looking at had MB-tex in them so I asked him why they didn't they have any with leather. He said that he has never had someone request leather and not the MB-tex...OK...I didn't even say anything I just walked away...

As far as the graphite wheels I guess it depends on the car...

Hey buddy, sorry to hear about your 2010, but exciting about your 2013! I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on it.

I like the graphite upgrade 10 spoke 17s. If you get the luxury and premium/navigation package the car should come with those wheels.

Thanks old friend for the positive vibes.

New chapter:: The dealer did a search today of all the upper and lower mid- section of the country but coulden't find a 350 with what I want, basically the real McCoy, a sacrificial cow...Leather. and the toys that go with it. So....you'll all think I'm nuts, but a car like I want is leaving Japan this week and the car will be here end of Nov. or first two weeks in December. In the mean time, I can turn in the rental car and the dealer will give a Lexus to drive until the new car arrives.

I will be so glad when this is over. ....with buying and moving into a new house and all the stress that entails, Having the accident and some continuing medical problems from that, and trying to pick out a car in a matter two days- all in the time frame of 14 days. My wife and I are looking for a fairy god mother to come along and get every thing in the house put away.

Thanks for listening.

Paul

I don't think you're crazy at all...best to wait for what you want...

Thanks for your support SW

I felt the same way. Their giving me a good car to drive at no charge so I might as well be an adult and wait for my Christmas present. Not sure if I told you folks about the final settlementon for the 2010 350. I had looked all over the country, comparing my ES with 13,300 miles on it to other sames year models with as close as I could find to the same mileage. Hard to find.

I selected six cars that fit the specs. and in excellent condition, they ranged from about 27,550, to 29,700. I expected an offer from American family of $27 - $28 as fair market value.

When I finally heard from Amer. Fam. they said they were going to base their settlement using ADA values. Their number was $35,000, minus $1,000 deductable with they retaining salvage value.

I felt Like I came out alright.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with the car I was negotiating on sold while we were making the deal. Unfortunately, my experience with salesman and dealer turned sour quickly. I was told they would find one in a couple days, which turned into a car with the specs I wanted could not be located but one was on the way from Japan and would arrive on Nov 19th, a 18 day wait. My dealer would not provide a loaner so I rented a car in the interim. As the 19th approached, I contacted the dealership only to be told the car would not be delivered until after Thanksgiving, maybe the 28th or 29th. During the wait the only time my salesman called me was to ask what color the car I was because he lost the paperwork. I decided to contact another dealer that I had previously contacted during my initial search. He called me the next day to tell me he had the car and would deliver it to my house that evening. Keep in mind that he was sending me a car and I had not even giving him a deposit. Turns out that when I cancelled my order from the first dealer, the salesman said that they actually had the car on the lot for the last 8 days. I received my 2013 300h that evening and I am completely thrilled.