Tune Up Questions

I have a low milage 2000 GS 300 (45,000 miles) that is going to be due for a complete check up/tune very soon. I have several questions and I haven't been able to find the answers. Perhaps some kind soul out there could enlighten me:

1) Coolant will have to be changed....you think it's necessary to replace the thermostat?

2) Should the fuel filter be replaced? I think the thing is located in the fuel tank....if so, this sounds like an expensive proposition.

3) Does transmission pan need to be dropped and tranny fluid/filter replaced?

Anything else that is an important maintainance item for my particular Lexus?

Thanks for any help ypu can give. Incidentally, I have owned many cars over the years but this one has been by far the best. Absolutely NOTHING has gone wrong. A truely great automobile.

James,

I change the oil/oil filter every 3,000 miles, change the air and cabin filters before the manual recommends, and keep all fluids topped up. All belts/hoses look OK. On my second set of brakes. Spark plugs are originals.

I live in Southern California.....temperate climate. Driving is mix of surface streets and freeway (mostly surface streets).

Thanks for your reply.

Pete H.