Lexus Corporate Replaces My Navi For Fee

The unresponsive touchscreen issue hit my out of warranty 2007 IS350 at just over 100k miles.

The dealer quoted $2000 to replace it. I was going to attempt the fix posted on this forum, but decided to try calling Lexus corporate first. I politely explained to them that I was a loyal customer, and expressed hope that they would help me out. They told me they would review my case and call me back.

Yeah right (I thought)

They called me back today. Corporate will replace the navi and the dealer, Lexus of Sacramento will cover the labor if the install it will cost me nothing!

I love it when a company treats its customers as if they want to keep them!

LEXUS ROCKS!

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, glad to hear Lexus helped out. Must be a rare but known defect.

Awesome!! Most Import manufacturers will try their best to help out a loyal customer especially when they're polite!.

Yes I've had success with Porsche a couple of times, zero success with Mercedes.

I haven't had the need to ask for post-warranty assistance from Lexus yet. I did pay to have a brake light switch replaced on my IS350 that was just out of warranty, no offer was made to assist.

Mercedes is the worse in this area, so loyalty doesn't pay for owners. No wonder local dealerships are losing service business to the better independents, I've taken my Mercedes service business elsewhere. But I continue to use Lexus service department, always with good results.