Hello every one, New to this wonderful forum

I recently bought a 2006 gs300 with 60k miles, but the warranty has expired. Recently the check engine light and another circle warning light left of the check engine light came on including the traction control light. The display says check VSC. I went to AutoZone to get the reading and found out the oxygen sensors (two) are bad and a solenoid in transmission is stuck open, I was wondering if these issues were related?

I would like to know if any one recommends a good independent Lexus mechanic around the DMV area.

Thanks

post-144204-0-93221500-1348597981_thumb.

That has happened occassionally on my 2006 GS600 (the VCS light coming on) . Every time is was that my gas cap wasn't tight. The VCS light is a red herring. Last time, I had the cap replaced. Same thing happened when I had an acura. They don't like loose gas caps. Oh, and when you tighten the cap, the light won't go off. It needs to be reset. I always brought it to the dealer to have reset. Maybe someone with far more knowledge than I can tell you how to reset the light yourself.

Thank you BostonGS.

what colur is your GS ?

I have been reading the forum and replacing the gas cap seems to work for alot of issues. I will replace it .

I am still hoping a for a recommendation for a good mechanic in my area.

I've been looking for a good Lexus mechanic myself for a while but haven't had much luck there.

Toyotas and Lexus are pretty easy to work on so I've been doing the work myself. A friend has recommended a shop in Gaithersburg, MD if you're in the county otherwise you could try to use Toyota Service centers.

Sorry about the delay. I've never used them personally but my friend says Emerald City Automotive in the Air Park area is pretty good. They don't have rental car access but they're an Enterprise not that far away.

Their specialty is Mercedes but they've worked on a friends GS430 a number of times and he's satisfied with how they've performed.

They've changed shop locations so email me at ucf3loc@netscape.net.