Drove The Cadillac Xts, My Thoughts Compared To The Es

SW03ES

I know a few people have made some comments about the XTS competing with the ES, I was in the neighborhood of my friendly local Caddy dealer the other day and stopped by and drove the new XTS, I have some thoughts compared to the ES, and some thoughts about the car in general.

First of all the car is not really comparable to the ES, its larger and more expensive. Its a *really* big car, you have to see it in person to get the full feel for it. Very long rear overhang with a short decklid, almost like a fastback. Very attractive, I think its a great looking car. Very premium feeling, excellent trim and fit and finish.

Love the interior too as well as the technology. Great materials, beautiful wood trim, LCD gauge cluster is very nice and very customizable, nav interface is good while the touch sensitive buttons and all are kind of goofy. Great audio system. Upgrade from the ES inside.

However...I was very disappointed in how it rode. I drove a Platinum trim car with 20" chrome wheels and they rode very hard. Suspension was soft, but impacts were hard and jarring because of the wheels, lots of road noise. I'd be interested to drive one of the lower trims with the 19s and see if they are better.

Equipped similarly to the UL ES its probably $58k or so. A lot of money for a Cadillac. I'd pass.

The Caddy I drove before I purchased my last ES had the same problem. Floated in corners, especially on/off ramps, and harsh on pot holes. Felt luxurious when you sat in it.

Thanks for the info Steve.