2013 Es350 Nav's Voice Recognition Still Sucks Or Issues Fixed?

timzter

For those of you who have purchased the new ES350 with Nav, can you comment on how well (or not) the Nav's voice recognition performs? After you have uploaded your phone contacts via Bluetooth from your smart phone to the Nav, is it consistently able to understand you when you say, "Call ___X___ ___Y___" where X and Y are the first and last names of your phone contact? The 2010's Nav sucks big time. "Call X Y" can sometimes be misunderstood as "Lower temperature" or "XM Stocks." Ugh!!!

Also, is there a way to lock/hide the destination history? It would be a good thing if you can lock/hide it as no one else needs to know where you had driven your car to before. Alternatively, there should be a way to delete selected entries from the destination history. For the 2010 Nav, I believe you can only delete the entire list, not selected entries.

Some people suggest not setting up the Nav with the "Home" entry, at least not with your real home address. In case your car gets stolen while being parked at the airport for days while you're away on a long vacation, you don't want the thieves to be able to quickly determine where your house is and steal not only your car, but also the things in your house since no one's home!

• 10 months later...

We have had our ES300h for about a month, after trading in our 2007 ES350. The nav system voice sounds the same, but seems to work a bit better. It occasionally doesn't understand my requests, but generally does well. One thing I like is that the nav directions now include actual street names, instead of just "Turn left at the next intersection."