L/r Selector For Side Mirrors Reset Problem - Battery Issue?

I have been experiencing a really weird problem for the last few weeks on my '06 GS430 and haven't found anything similar anywhere...

The L/R sideview mirror selector resets itself to "neutral" (i.e. neither side is selected) after the car has been shut down for some time. By "some time", I mean if it's in my garage overnight, then the next morning the L/R sideview mirror selector will reset to neutral. If I set it, drive to work, and then later go to lunch, it will maintain the setting. So I guess, after 8-10 hours it will definitely reset, but if it's 3-4 hours, it will definitely maintain it. Not sure what the exact time break between reset / not-reset is, but you get the idea.

Besides this situation being highly annoying, the "neutral" setting for the L/R switch also disables the sideview mirror tilt when reversing.

The *only* thing I've noticed different about the car around the same time the problem has started is that I think that my battery is getting weaker (it takes a few more turns to start the engine than usual). I haven't had a chance to have the battery tested yet, but was wondering if folks out there: 1) have seen this L/R problem before; 2) think that it could be related to a weak battery (all other electrical systems operate fine).

Any thoughts/comments would be highly appreciated.

Honestly I don't know. I've noticed something similar. Mine doesn't maintain one side after almost 8hours as well, and when one side does stay selected--only that side will go down when the gear is in reverse.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Problem resolved!!! Tested the battery, and it was indeed dying – had less than a third of the original crank power left in it. Replaced the battery: along with the car starting much better now, the L/R issue went away. It’s been consistently behaving correctly for over two days now. It is strange that the only obvious electrical symptom was associated with the L/R switch, but several mechanics confirmed this is indeed one of the outward signs of a battery going bad. Go figure…

• 3 months later...

found low battery can reset setting from either L or R back to neutral as well, which was suggested to be resolved after battery replacement. In my case, I had just added distiller water to battery. After setting my mirror selection to L, I drove car for a short period of time to allow battery to charge more. Then car was shut off, restarted a few minutes later to show selection was still on L.