Still Running H0T Need Help Asap

YungNu

i had a problem where my radiator busted. so i purchased a new one , then i purchased a new thermostat, then i found a broken hose, so i changed it.and only one cooling fan(infront of radiator) works........ today when i started it, it still ran hot , then the alternator went out, so i have to buy another tomorrow, but my question is, y is it still running hot ? please HELP !!!!!!!!

did you buy aftermarket thermostat. Some of the Lexus/toyota ones have a bleed valve (jiggler in them). I would only use that kind...

I would also inspect your water pump, serpentine belt, and coolant. Chances the water pump hasn't been replaced in a while so that's likely the problem. I would also inspect your radiator itself look for large dents or leaks.

Do you have any check engine lights?

• 2 years later...

When doing what you did, it is important to make sure the fluid circulates prior to putting the cap back on. Make sure your heater is sett to the highest setting and just let the car run until you see the fluid begin circulating through the radiator opening. When the thermostat opens, the fluid level will drop dramatically and you will need to top off. If you don't do this, you will not have enough coolant. The best indication is the heat from your heater.