Windows Issues - Please Help!

trevorz

My first post on here, so hello everyone!

I'm having issues with my 2001 Lexus RX300...the drivers side window acts up and will not go back up. I have waited over 2 hours before, leaving the vehicle off, then come back and it still wont go up. (I eventually get it up after many many tries and hours of time wasted).

This issue started months ago, where the drivers and passenger side would act up, not as bad as it is now... they used to freeze up a little, go down when you said go up, stuff like that.

SO... I took it to a lexus dealer on my regular oil change and asked them about it. They recommended I replace the master switch, in which was estimated $1000 after labor and part.

I took it upon myself, bought a used one and put it in. (those things are easy anyway) Didn't have too many issues, maybe would freeze up and act up once or twice a month.

But now the problem is back, worse... and only on my drivers side.

Anyone have any ideas? I've read some stuff about resetting some motor or something? HELP!!!!

Thanks!

Trevor

Hello Trev. Welcome to the Club.

My guess is that you have a bad actuator in that door. This is the part that connect to the window glass and moves it up and down. Showing my ignorance, I'm not sure if the motor and actuator are one part or seperate. You'll need to remove the inside door panel to reach these parts.

I have no idea why the dealer didn't spot this.

Let us know how you come out.

Paul

What he ^ said, i dont think resetting the motor will do it. That is just for the memory function i think. Do a search here and see what you come up with. And Welcome to LOC! :cheers: