Driver Side Mirror Keep On Adjusting (Not Correctly)

Happylee

Hi, have a problem with 2002 LS430.

Whenever I turn on the power, driver side mirror hosing moves outside (so I can see far left) .

It starts with buzzing sound and tilt outwards 1-2 mm then stops with clicking sound.

It dose every time till it totally showing the left side (opposite position of folded).

Mirror has no problem, can adjust anyway I want.

Tried to to tape the hosing to fail, it is pretty strong.

Any solution?

In worst case, Can I kill the motor of the hosing?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, have a problem with 2002 LS430.

Whenever I turn on the power, driver side mirror hosing moves outside (so I can see far left) .

It starts with buzzing sound and tilt outwards 1-2 mm then stops with clicking sound.

It dose every time till it totally showing the left side (opposite position of folded).

Mirror has no problem, can adjust anyway I want.

Tried to to tape the hosing to fail, it is pretty strong.

Any solution?

In worst case, Can I kill the motor of the hosing?

Hi Jay and welcome to the LOC. I apologize that your posting appears to have gotten looked over.

It sounds like you have a control problem with the mirror memory/circuit. As you know,, the mirrior should follow a programed path which you have locked in. I'm un clear if your saying that the whole mirror unit is unfolding and then folding back against the car ?

You say that the motor works fine and you can adjust the mirror surface where you want it.

With that, I would look at the control/memory circuit, motor/servo unit. If your not a do-it-your self type, I would save a lot of time and frustration and have a dealer diagnos the problem, then you might be able to buy the parts second hand and save some money.

If you want to turn it off all together, there should be a fuse in either the fuse box on the lower left side by the drivers foot weel. Or under the left hood , in the fuse box on top of the fender. Look in your Owners Manual for location.

Paul