17" Tires

Just new to a Lexus... so far so good. I'm guessing '06 330 needs tires because has lots of road howl but rubber "looks" good . Book only lists one size for this car. Is there any wiggle room for another size and can someone turn me on to a good replacement? I do most of my own work.... drove Volvos for about a hundred years... so this is all new... expecting lots of help in the future. Thanks all. virg

Michelin Primacy MXV4. We have them on both our LS and Camry and they seem to be extremely popular with Lexus owners. Why would you want to use a difference size?

"Road howl" happens as tires wear. How many miles on them? Are they the original tires? There is a remarkable variation in the amount of noise various brands and models of tires produce.

The Michelins are known to be unusually quite. Consult the customer feedback on the Tire Rack website for opinions on the noise that various tire models produce.

Don't get me started on Volvos - I owned three in the 1970's: 1971 145, 1972 P1800E, 1978 242DL SRO.

• 4 months later...