Overhead Lights ?

SHUMIF1

I can't seem to remember from my 99 rx :unsure: , but does the front overhead light supose to come on when you open the drivers door ? It works when i push it to light up. My center one comes on when i open the drivers door.

I can't seem to remember from my 99 rx :unsure: , but does the front overhead light supose to come on when you open the drivers door ? It works when i push it to light up. My center one comes on when i open the drivers door.

Only the dome light just behind the front seat comes on.

I replaced mine with a Ford Map/Dome/Curtesy light. Wired it so all three bulbs illuminate with an open door. Helpful aspect is that left and right map light bulb fully illuminate the front seats and the floorboard/dash area forward of the front seats. Also, the front passenger can use, individually, the new map light without interferring so much with the driver's night vision.

If you wish you can easily wire the front light in parallel with the rear dome and have both come on with a door opening. You can also wire the front light switch such that it only turns on the passnger's new rear, over-the-shoulder, map light.