Factory Alarm... Confirmation Beep\flashing Lights

jif

I just had my key computer reprogrammed because for some odd reason my car wouldn't start. Everything is fine now except: Now when I lock the car using the key remote, the lights blink, but there is no "audible confirmation." -- The horn or chirp doesn't sound when I lock or unlock the doors. I know its no biggy but I was just wondering if this was some kind of feature that I can enable or disable. If not, what would I have to do to go about having it turned on.

Thanks in advanced!

On my '95 LS there is an itty, bitty, unnoticable black button that turns the beeping on and off. It's under the steering wheel near the hood release. I found it while poking and proding around under the steering wheel area :geek: . Just something you might want to try before heading to the dealer ;) .

:cheers:

You may have to go to Dealer. These electronic settings are called the

C-Best Codes and perform a variety of diff. functions for the alarm, door locks,

windows, etc......

Call the dealer first to confirm....they may just do it for free also.

For example, you can press the "unlock" door buttton on your key and hold down for 1.5-2 seconds - this will automatically roll down the drivers' window also. It can be disabled if you want - all of these codes have different settings plus ON/OFF.

• 1 month later...
You may have to go to Dealer. These electronic settings are called the

C-Best Codes and perform a variety of diff. functions for the alarm, door locks,

windows, etc......

Call the dealer first to confirm....they may just do it for free also.

For example, you can press the "unlock" door buttton on your key and hold down for 1.5-2 seconds - this will automatically roll down the drivers' window also. It can be disabled if you want - all of these codes have different settings plus ON/OFF.

what year of the LS is this option for??????

I just had my key computer reprogrammed because for some odd reason my car wouldn't start. Everything is fine now except: Now when I lock the car using the key remote, the lights blink, but there is no "audible confirmation." -- The horn or chirp doesn't sound when I lock or unlock the doors. I know its no biggy but I was just wondering if this was some kind of feature that I can enable or disable. If not, what would I have to do to go about having it turned on.

Thanks in advanced!

The most likely scenario is that the volume knob for the lock/unlock beep is turned all the way down. The control should be located near the driver's left knee by the mirror controls. I beleive it is just a black knob. Turn the knob to the right to increase the volume. If this does not work, then it may be the settings in the car's computer. The dealer should be able to change the settings for fairly cheap, but I would check for the volume control knob first.

what year of the LS is this option for??????

Hybrid,

For sure these are on the 98-00 LS's . And probably newer.

But I was in slight error with what I posted:

If you hold down the unlock for 1 sec. or so -- ALL the windows will roll down & SUNROOF will also retrack. Pretty cool looking!

maybe this is allowed so on a hot day, you can "open up the LS" a lttle to help cool the 130 degree interior as your walking up to the car.....

:cheers:

• 7 years later...