Pulley Removal Of Ac Compressor (1990 Ls400)

lsrxlex

Yes you can remove the pulley from the compressor without discharging the AC but bear in mind the pulley is also part of the magnetic clutch assembly so make sure you make a note of all the parts that come off with it,how they fit back together and don't lose any.

Leave the serpentine belt on to loosen the bolt to prevent the pulley spinning then remove the belt before removing the bolt completely.

Why do you want to remove the pulley?

• 2 weeks later...

Today, I finally have a day off to work on my car:

I left the belt on to hold the bearing, and use a strap wrench (for oil filter) to hold the clutch plate. Then I used 12mm socket to loosen the shaft bolt by turning counterclockwise. But somehow, I felt that the bolt was already loosened (?). As I continued to loosen it, I felt like it gradually loosing resistance for about 1/2 turn, then it started to get more and more resistance (not much) for about 1/2 turn, and then it repeated the same cycle again.

The problem was I couldn't remove the shaft bolt to find out what's going on. I got stuck at this step.

I didn't know what to do next. So I decided to try to tighten the shaft bolt in hope that might get rid of the bearing noise. But when tightening the bolt, I got the same cycle of loose-tight above.

At last, I just tightened the most I could get ( not much ), and leave it while waiting for more advices.

Any input would be appreciated.

Today, I finally have a day off to work on my car:

I left the belt on to hold the bearing, and use a strap wrench (for oil filter) to hold the clutch plate. Then I used 12mm socket to loosen the shaft bolt by turning counterclockwise. But somehow, I felt that the bolt was already loosened (?). As I continued to loosen it, I felt like it gradually loosing resistance for about 1/2 turn, then it started to get more and more resistance for about 1/2 turn, and then it repeated the same cycle again.

The problem was I couldn't remove the shaft bolt to find out what's going on. I got stuck at this step.

I didn't know what to do next. So I decided to try to tighten the shaft bolt in hope that might get rid of the bearing noise. But when tightening the bolt, I got the same cycle of loose-tight above.

At last, I just tightened the most I could get ( not much ), and leave it while waiting for more advices.

Any input would be appreciated.