How To Change Rx 300 Rear Valve Cover Gasket

HAPPY 02 RX OWNER

My name is Jim Ray, and I just joined The Lexus Club and I am a proud owner of a 2002 Lexus RX 300 with all wheel drive. I just purchased a set of DNJ - VC963G valve cover gaskets including 6 spark plug grommets for $ 25.99and 6 NGK Iridium lazer spark plugs ( IFR6T ) for $ 60.18 plus ship/handling. My question; what exactly has to be removed, in order to remove the rear valve cover gasket/ spark plugs. I was told the Platium ( intake manifold) has to be removed. I purchased a platium gasket at my local Toyota Dealership. I have a fair amount of experience, repairing my previous Toyota Privia, celica and my Mercruiser I/O Boat. I enjoy repairing my cars & boat in a methodical manner. Any response would be truly appriciated and I am willing to give helpful hints that I have tried and trued. since I am meticulous when making any repairs. ( please post on forum or e-mail me at elja 278@tampabay.rr.com )

Thank you in advance, Jim Ray

• 2 weeks later...