Tire Pressure Dash Light

LennyF

wow, never thought to check that, thanks

Good catch by SW. The spare is often the culprit and easy to overlook.

There are good instructions, with pictures, for resetting the TPMS system in the owners manual. I keep it bookmarked (along with the page for resetting the oil change reminder message) so I can find them quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I've had my 07 ES 350 since March and have had both problems! How is it that the car can read a problem with the spare tire in the trunk? What page in the manuals can I find how to reset these problems?

Thanks!!!!!

Wow! I've had my 07 ES 350 since March and have had both problems! How is it that the car can read a problem with the spare tire in the trunk? What page in the manuals can I find how to reset these problems?

Thanks!!!!!

Welcome to your Lexus Owners Club!

The tire pressure monitoring uses (for lack of a better term) a valve stem system that contains a small transmitter. This sends a signal to a processor with monitors the tire pressure. The spare tire has one of these "valve stem" units as well, unless your car does not have a full size spare. When my TPMS came on one time, and I pulled into my dealer and they were the ones who thought to check the spare tire.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Intresting how much trouble I had with my tires, car says 30lbs, and that is what I did, and I got problems all the time. The spare had 30 too, and I finally had to make the spare 34 to stop it from triggering the sensor.

I put 32 in the main tires and so far no sensor problems. The reset button is easy to find and use just by the drivers chin. I was also supprised by much cheaper cars that show the tire and pressure issue, on a GM, and not Toyota.