Transfercase Oil Leak -Rx330 2004

sam2004

I got a oil leak around Tranfercase area. No change in Engine or Transmission oil levels. So I assume it is from transfer case. Dripped oil spray on to exhaust & burn while during driving. I smell the burning oil smell once stopped. Anybody have a idea, what to do? Is it a costly repair or just change the oil seal?

Where..EXACTY, which seal..?

AWD?

The front (& center[??]) diff'l(s) uses/shares ATF, pickish ATF. The PTO (AWD) uses clear gear oil).

Thanks for the prompt reply. It is AWD. Front seal I believe.

AWD?

The front (& center[??]) diff'l(s) uses/shares ATF, pickish ATF. The PTO (AWD) uses clear gear oil).

There should be 3 "external" seals, left and right front drive halfshafts, and rear driveshaft.

One of those..?

Common failure, more common, is the internal rear crankshaft seal between the engine and transaxle.

AWD?

There should be 3 "external" seals, left and right front drive halfshafts, and rear driveshaft.

One of those..?

Common failure, more common, is the internal rear crankshaft seal between the engine and transaxle.

That is the one. Between Engine & tansfercase. Is it a difficult job? Do I have to go to dealer or a local mechanic shop can do it? Thanks for your help.

AWD?

One of those..?

That is the one. Between Engine & tansfercase. Is it a difficult job? Do I have to go to dealer or a local mechanic shop can do it? Thanks for your help.

The configuration is: A)engine, B)transaxle case/housing, C)diff'l case, D)PTO, transfer case.

Passenger side A - D

Driver side B - C

AWD?

One of those..?

The configuration is: A)engine, B)transaxle case/housing, C)diff'l case, D)PTO, transfer case.

Passenger side A - D

Driver side B - C

I went to the dealership today. It is internal rear crankshaft seal between the engine and transaxle. Just as you said. Not transfercase as i suspected. It cost more than C$1,500.00. Since the oil leak is not significant ( I did not notice the oil level drop), they asked me to use the truck & keep eye on the oil level. Sooner or later, I got to replace it anyway. Thanks for your help.