Christmas Day New Member

billanddonna

finally getting around to joining and want to wish you all a merry christmas/ happy holidays/ happy channakah (light the 6th candle @ sunset :) ) happy solstice and anything else you choose to celebrate. my wife, donna, had the sc430 ownership idea on her bucket list. so, this past summer we found a rather high milage silver w black interior 2002 model in great condition that had to be in our garage - for safekeeping and limited usage until it becomes a collector car. until looking at this board, i somehow missed the fact? that 2002 was not the first year. oh well, still love the car. my wife actually likes me to drive so she can enjoy the ride. my first runabout i was quoted as saying, with a fat, goofy smile: "i love this route . . . . i love this car . . . . i love you, honey . . . . i love EVERYTHING!!!!!!!" impressive coming from someone who prefers motorcycles to cars, logging over half a million miles and still riding almost every day. anyway, hope to visit the board now and then and want to extend thanks to those who moderate and administer this. blessings to you all. shalome, bill

finally getting around to joining and want to wish you all a merry christmas/ happy holidays/ happy channakah (light the 6th candle @ sunset :) ) happy solstice and anything else you choose to celebrate. my wife, donna, had the sc430 ownership idea on her bucket list. so, this past summer we found a rather high milage silver w black interior 2002 model in great condition that had to be in our garage - for safekeeping and limited usage until it becomes a collector car. until looking at this board, i somehow missed the fact? that 2002 was not the first year. oh well, still love the car. my wife actually likes me to drive so she can enjoy the ride. my first runabout i was quoted as saying, with a fat, goofy smile: "i love this route . . . . i love this car . . . . i love you, honey . . . . i love EVERYTHING!!!!!!!" impressive coming from someone who prefers motorcycles to cars, logging over half a million miles and still riding almost every day. anyway, hope to visit the board now and then and want to extend thanks to those who moderate and administer this. blessings to you all. shalome, bill

Hi Bill and Donna, and welcome as well to the LOC!

Bill you mentioned the winter solstice. I have been looking into becoming a Druid and seeing if I can be declared an endangered species, thereby maybe earning a tax deduction for protecting myself!!! (Yes, I've had to much egg nog).

We hope you'll enjoy your SC430 and many miles of great driving. Please post again and let us know how things are going.

Paul

Hi Bill and Donna, and welcome as well to the LOC!

Bill you mentioned the winter solstice. I have been looking into becoming a Druid and seeing if I can be declared an endangered species, thereby maybe earning a tax deduction for protecting myself!!! (Yes, I've had to much egg nog).

We hope you'll enjoy your SC430 and many miles of great driving. Please post again and let us know how things are going.

Paul

thanks for the replies. i think, paul that if i drink enough egg nog, i can check the deductions for being blind on my income tax return? well, irene (our name for the lexus) came down w a flat tire saturday so we are going to replace the 20 inch rims and tires w 18 inch aluminums and 245/40/18 package deal from discount tires. we are thinking this will give us a much smoother ride. cheers. bill

Changing your rim size to the 18" will certainly help. Based upon the specific model, some tires are better than others for providing a smoother , quieter ride. For example, many of us who have later model ES350's prefer Michelin MXV4 tires for best ride and quiet. You might want to try checking Tire Rack for reviews and ratings on tires for your SC.

From a tax sheltered Druid to a blind deduction, LOL