Recommend Navigation System

sethy

I have an awesome 2001 es 300 and i am thinking about installing an in dash navigation system,.

Firstly Is it possible and practical?

If so does anyone have any suggestions? I am in New York.

Thanks

I have an awesome 2001 es 300 and i am thinking about installing an in dash navigation system,.

Thanks

Yes, Definetly Possible cheers.gif

As nice as an indash nav unit is because it is incorporated into the layout, you'll spend big bucks getting there aftermarket. Portable GPS units that you can purchase anywhere are generally more intuitive to program, and much less expensive to purchase and update. As well, they allow a passenger to program them while the car is in motion, while the factory units do not. Most annoying.

My wife's 04 ES330 has the factory nav option and its unfriendly and not at all intuitive to use. It is painful to use when compared to any of the 3 Garmin portables that I've used over the years. The newer factory units may be more easy to program and use (I don't know for sure)and may be cheaper to update now. Updating my wife's unit costs more than any of the portable units I've purchased.

Do some checking and researching before you commit to buying. Good Luck!

Here are photos of the portable GPS units I installed on brackets in our LS and Camry, wired into the car accessory circuits to automatically turn on and off with the ignition switch. The main way to make a portable GPS convenient is to get it off the top of the dash or windshield.

post-2157-0-24383900-1324342420_thumb.jp

Thanks

seth@pavillionagency.com

Here are photos of the portable GPS units I installed on brackets in our LS and Camry, wired into the car accessory circuits to automatically turn on and off with the ignition switch. The main way to make a portable GPS convenient is to get it off the top of the dash or windshield.

nice

Thanks

seth@pavillionagency.com