What Are These Strange Stickers!?

dbs600

On both the drivers and passengers side D-Pillars, behind the seat belts for the third row seats, there are strange clear plastic stickers, as shown in the pictures attached. I dont ever recall seeing same and would like to know what they are! Thoughts, anyone? Thanks.

post-62687-0-87104500-1323030665_thumb.j

post-62687-0-84706800-1323030674_thumb.j

On both the driver’s and passenger’s side D-Pillars, behind the seat belts for the third row seats, there are strange clear plastic stickers, as shown in the pictures attached. I don’t ever recall seeing same and would like to know what they are! Thoughts, anyone? Thanks.

Always include the year of your vehicle when posting..it helps others narrow down your problems.

Based on their position, they may be covering the airbag placements, and should have been removed at delivery. However, Jim is usually right, but this time I'm right.

Thank you for your replies, Gentlemen. My truck is a 2004 and the stickers are not airbag stickers. So no one else with a 2004 has same?

Is the truck yours from New or did you buy it as a pre-owned? I'm trying to ascertain if the stickers have always been there or did a previous owner put then there for some obscure reason. Just to let you know, this issue is so unique that I doubt we're going to have much luck getting a lot of response. I have never hear this issue come up before, although I haven't been around very long.

Another avenue of inquiry you can try is to use the "Club Lexus" forum. It is a little larger group and may have some members we don't.

Go to "clublexus.com"

Hi Paul, Thank you for your message. I have owned the truck since new, which means the stickers have been there since new too. I've yet to check, but now I think they may protect the interior from the third row seats when folded in the upright position...

Hi Paul, Thank you for your message. I have owned the truck since new, which means the stickers have been there since new too. I've yet to check, but now I think they may protect the interior from the third row seats when folded in the upright position...

At this point it sounds as good as any other explanation!LOL