2007 Rx 400 H Headlights Out

Hmmm, yeah that's definitely weird. Are the rear taillights and rear bumper sidemarkers working? What about the center console lights (the ones that come on at night, such as climate control and radio buttons, shifter plate, heated seat icons)?

Does the position of the headlight switch stalk (on the steering column) make a difference? Meaning if it's set to "AUTO" vs "ON"?

Do the foglights work if the low beam lights are set to "AUTO" (it must be dark outside for this to work) or "ON"?

Do the high beams work if you "flash" by pulling the stalk towards you? What if you push it forward?

There aren't many things that would cause "both" low beam lights to malfunction at the same time. Unlike the DRL bulbs (or christmas tree lights) if only one bulb is damaged, it wouldn't cause the other to not come on. I can't remember if the same is true for the ballasts, but ill check on my RX in a few hours and ill repost here.

EDIT:

Well, i just checked on mine. If there is a break in the wiring going to the headlight on one side, it won't affect the workings of the other headlight. So, i'm doubtful that either of your bulbs or ballasts are damaged.

I know it is a pain but can you take one bulb out and test it at an auto supply store? Also is it possible you have had critters that have chewed a wire. This was the reason i had no rear bumper tailight marker on one side and in tracing the wires my technician found where one had been eaten, fortunately he could splice it together.

• 1 month later...

I know it is a pain but can you take one bulb out and test it at an auto supply store? Also is it possible you have had critters that have chewed a wire. This was the reason i had no rear bumper tailight marker on one side and in tracing the wires my technician found where one had been eaten, fortunately he could splice it together.

EDIT: Sorry for multiple postings, just noticed that my edits actually became new posts, and I don't see a way to delete my posts...sorry!!

My left headlght (low beam only) just went out, after a few days of flickering upon starting the car (2006 400h). Both high beams and fog lights work, as do all other exterior lights AFAIK.

The dealer wants about two hundred dollars to replace, but would gladly do myself if it's not too difficult to do. Is there a guide somewhere that shows the steps needed to do this? Or is it such a PITA to get to that it's worth the dealer cost? I don't have my owner's manual handy, though I doubt it documents how to change out these bulbs...

TIA for any replies!

Edited by mak99

EDIT: Sorry for multiple postings, just noticed that my edits actually became new posts, and I don't see a way to delete my posts...sorry!!

My left headlght (low beam only) just went out, after a few days of flickering upon starting the car (2006 400h). Both high beams and fog lights work, as do all other exterior lights AFAIK.

The dealer wants about two hundred dollars to replace the bulb, but would gladly do myself if it's not too difficult to do. Is there a guide somewhere that shows the steps needed to do this, so I can do this myself and save a few $$? Or is it such a PITA to get to that it's worth the dealer cost? I don't have my owner's manual handy, though I doubt it documents how to change out these bulbs...

TIA for any replies!

I am an owner of a 2007 RX 400h and the head lights (not high beam or daytime head lights) recently went out, at the same time. I check the fuse box and they were fine what could it be?

Clean and burnish the 12 volt battery posts/connections.

If that doesn't help then replace your 12 volt battery.

HID headlight ballasts, bulb drivers, or extremely sensitive to battery voltage during initial startup, initial firing of the electrical arc than requires 25-30,000 volts or greater. In a non-HSD car the 12 volt battery would be required to be good enough to turn over the starter. In an HSD it only needs to supply ECU power. So the high current inrush load upon HID bulb startup is likely the heaviest load, short term surge load, the battery must "handle".

Have you try to bring it back to dealer? I recently have a same problem like yours, I brought my car back to the dealer, it is headlamp assembly problem, nothing you can do, unless you want to replace the whole housing of the lamp, that will cost you about $1725 total. I don't think it fair for us to pay for their fault, this issue shouldn't be happened. Lexus should be assurance for their work. Now they want the consumer like you and I to bite their cost. Talk to the customer satisfaction let them know the problem. Good luck to you