Gps Clock Runs Slow

The clock on my GPS and hence my console clock are slow by about 4 minutes. Dealer is stumped. I can take the clock off auto setting but I am concerned that the clock issue will affect the GPS function. Any ideas, fixes?

The clock on my GPS and hence my console clock are slow by about 4 minutes. Dealer is stumped. I can take the clock off auto setting but I am concerned that the clock issue will affect the GPS function. Any ideas, fixes?

Have you at least taken it off auto and gone out on a short route to try it?

As Lexir said, it really does seem odd. On the navigation system on my 2010, the console clock is a stand a lone clock and you set the time manually. Even though the nav screen says you can set it for auto change daylight savings. Just asking, I know you've been to the dealer, but are you sure the console clock isn't independent of the nav system?

The gps seems to work fine. I have taken the clock off auto and advanced it manually. But if I use the gps setting that shows the time of my estimated arrival, the time is off by the 4 minutes.

I don't see how that's possible? Isn't the time kept automatically like a cell phone?

It appears that the auto function on the clock is taken from the gps since the gps count down appears to reflect the incorrect time.

The gps seems to work fine. I have taken the clock off auto and advanced it manually. But if I use the gps setting that shows the time of my estimated arrival, the time is off by the 4 minutes.

Is it the current time or estimated arrival that is off? Estimated arrival is just that, estimated. It makes assumptions of speed you'll travel on roads and delays caused by traffic lights. GPS time is derived from the satellite feed and is unlikely to be in error more than a fraction of a second.