Question For Es Owners

rob_es350

any current es owners thinking seriously at all about trading for the new 2013 gs which apparently will be available in feb

definitely gonna drive that one when it gets to the dealers

TOUGH competition at that price that is for sure, but curious to check it out

any current es owners thinking seriously at all about trading for the new 2013 gs which apparently will be available in feb

Not quite yet for me. I’m just getting used to my “new“ ’08 ES350......love it

What is the price rob?

What is the price rob?

around high 40's for the AWD, a bit less for the RWD..probably 50 and change when done with options, warranty, etc.

they apparently will have some sport edition, which no doubt will cost more, but don't know how much

we should have official pricing soon

I like the look

I'm anxious to see the new GS in person, but not a candidate for one. I hope the new model does well for the big L. The current GS has been dead in the water for some time. I'll definitely check it out when it arrives in dealerships.

I'm anxious to see the new GS in person, but not a candidate for one. I hope the new model does well for the big L. The current GS has been dead in the water for some time. I'll definitely check it out when it arrives in dealerships.

dead sales has def been the case for the gs

they seemed to have focused on performance regarding the new gs..which makes a TON of sense

at that price point, I think customers opting for bmw's, audi's, etc. were passing on the gs for the better performance of the others

seems the new gs has the same speed 0-60..plenty fast at 5.7 secs, but the reviews say the handling significantly improved..I drove the 2011 gs, and handling was already pretty good, so the 2013 must be amazing..looking forward to scaring the sales person on my test drive, lol..funny, they don't seem to mind as long as they have some confidence that you are a serious potential buyer..tough job

Naa, I like the looks of the new GS (have to see one in person) but am perfectly happy with my ES. When the lease is up in 2013 I'll look at the GS, along with the new ES, BMW 5, Mercedes E, Audi A6, Infiniti M...

Naa, I like the looks of the new GS (have to see one in person) but am perfectly happy with my ES. When the lease is up in 2013 I'll look at the GS, along with the new ES, BMW 5, Mercedes E, Audi A6, Infiniti M...

yeah, I am with ya...like the es a lot, and only had it a year, and also agree that I want to see the new gs in person, pics are impressive

very curious to check out the performance vs the the bmw5, etc

so not inclined to trade, but with interest rates sooo low, the dealer might be able to make it a compelling case based on price

certainly will torture the poor salesman to determine if that is indeed the case, lol

they seemed to have focused on performance regarding the new gs..which makes a TON of sense

at that price point, I think customers opting for bmw's, audi's, etc. were passing on the gs for the better performance of the others

seems the new gs has the same speed 0-60..plenty fast at 5.7 secs, but the reviews say the handling significantly improved..I drove the 2011 gs, and handling was already pretty good, so the 2013 must be amazing..looking forward to scaring the sales person on my test drive, lol..funny, they don't seem to mind as long as they have some confidence that you are a serious potential buyer..tough job

The current gen GS is in a tough spot sandwiched in between the ES and LS. I think the move to make it a true sport sedan (from the sound of things) is the right way to go. It's impressive IMO that the 3.5 V6 is still class competitive in performance, gas mileage etc. after being around all of these model years.

The current gen GS is in a tough spot sandwiched in between the ES and LS. I think the move to make it a true sport sedan (from the sound of things) is the right way to go. It's impressive IMO that the 3.5 V6 is still class competitive in performance, gas mileage etc. after being around all of these model years.

it is impressive that they can get over 300hp out of the non-turbo 3.5 v6 and still maintain the gas mileage as you point out

remember the old days when to get that kind of horse power you would need big engines and need to just pure tons of gas through them with big carburetors, wow, that was long time ago