Noise From Aftermarket Radio Lexus Es300 98

Vick22

HI all i just installed my new aftermarket radio... Pioneer 6300... into my 98 LEXUS ES300

after finishing all the installation my radio works but there is so much noise coming like "whistling" distortion type.. its coming from speakers even though i bring volume to ZERO.. i dont know what wrong i did.. but i checked back all my instructions and wire connection all is good...

i used METRA 70-8112 wiring harness... with RCA wires... just can not figure out what is going on ..another thing that wiring harness has power antenna wire i dont know where to connect that .. coz pioneer radio has nothing called anenna supply wire.. any help will be appericiated..

HI all i just installed my new aftermarket radio... Pioneer 6300... into my 98 LEXUS ES300

after finishing all the installation my radio works but there is so much noise coming like "whistling" distortion type.. its coming from speakers even though i bring volume to ZERO.. i don't know what wrong i did.. but i checked back all my instructions and wire connection all is good...

i used METRA 70-8112 wiring harness... with RCA wires... just can not figure out what is going on ..another thing that wiring harness has power antenna wire i dont know where to connect that .. coz pioneer radio has nothing called anenna supply wire.. any help will be appericiated..

Hi Vick,

I'm not an audio expert, but I see you haven't gotten any hit's so far so I want to at least give a few points.

First, are you sure your wiring harness is the correct one. It sounds like you've got voltage/signal of some kind going directly to the output side since you can't control the volume of the noise signal. Or, during the installation did you somehow create a short in the wiring that is causing your problem.

These are probably things that you have already thought of. Somebody else will chime in here I'm sure.

Let us know what you find.

Does the 'whistling' get higher with the engine RPMs? I had a deck a long time ago do that annoying whine. Turns out it was a bad ground through an aftermarket amp. I'd just make sure you ground everything really well, including the unit itself to something metal behind the dash. Hope it helps.

• 1 month later...

i have both of those same problems.. i thought about stripping the male end peice off the power antenna wire from the car and connecting it to the blue power antenna wire from the wiring harness... idk if thats the right thing to do or not. (i also have a pioneer, but its the DEH-3200UB)

Common problem, you need a ground loop isolator, found at your local Radio Shack.

Happens to everyone with an aftermarket deck in these cars.

do you plug into the amp rca's? or the head unit rcas? cause if its the head unit i don't kno that i can get any more room back there to put anything else. i've tried but i just cannot get my pioneer to go all the way back and sit flush with the rest of the dash. ticks me off