Dome Light / Garage Door Short

Galanty

My 2003 GX 470 dome light and Garage door opener keeps breaking the 15 amp fuse.

I traced the problem to inside the dome light compartment, the wires are shorting and causing smoking.

Has anyone else experienced this issue. I have a call into Lexus, and looking for some one to professionally repair.

Thanks,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

This is the first I've heard of this problem in the GX470. I would presume that there must be some electrical issue in your car which is causing the short in the map light console. I haven't experienced *knock on wood* that in my GX and neither in my 4Runner which I've replaced that map light console myself only because I broke the button for the homelink.

My 2003 GX 470 dome light and Garage door opener keeps breaking the 15 amp fuse.

I traced the problem to inside the dome light compartment, the wires are shorting and causing smoking.

Has anyone else experienced this issue. I have a call into Lexus, and looking for some one to professionally repair.

Thanks,

Mark

That doesn't make any sense. The fuse would blow long before any wires could start to smoke unless you're using too high an amperage fuse. The only issues I've run across on the GX for blowing that fuse is from either of the lighted visors. After the first one, I've seen quite a few. Unplug each visor, one at a time, and see if the fuse continues to blow.