Lexus Sc300 No Power!

Parags

I just went to turn my car on yesterday, but there was no power. I changed the battery this morning, but I still cannot turn the car on. It is odd because now the lights work, but nothing inside the vehicle works for me. The radio, a/c, dash, do not light up. When I turn the key nothing happens. Need some help here guys...

I just went to turn my car on yesterday, but there was no power. I changed the battery this morning, but I still cannot turn the car on. It is odd because now the lights work, but nothing inside the vehicle works for me. The radio, a/c, dash, do not light up. When I turn the key nothing happens. Need some help here guys...

Did you try jump-starting the car with the cables reversed? If so, check your fuses. Especially the big Alt. fuse. Are you sure you have your cables secure? Also, check the positive cable- there's an inline fusible link at the terminal end.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I was able to figure it out. It was the main ALT Fuse. The only other problem that I am still having is that my Speedometer and Odometer do not work. I was having this problem before the power outage. All guages work including tach, and lights too, but just the speedometer and odometer nothing... Any ideas. Will have to take a look this weekend...

I appreciate the help..

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar issue with mine.. My speedo is inop; I haven't started trouble shooting that yet as having everything else is in order is a bigger deal to me. If you have a smart phone, they make speedometer apps that work via gps and are very accurate, that's what I use in the meantime! Works like a charm to prevent speeding tickets!! haha

If it's just the speedo and tach, there are two possible issues.

the cable connector is going bad or just dirty, or the sensors have gone bad.

Can you provide us with some more details? Does the Speedo and Tach ever go up (kind-off like driving the car for a while and then it jumps-on)?