New Es 350 Owner First Question

NAP1947

We took possession of an 08 ES350 yesterday and are very impressed.

I have been reading this site since we started looking for a Lexus but this is my first post.

My question concerns section 6.2 Customization in the Owner's Manual, can I access this change function or is it only available to the dealer?

If I can make changes,how do I do it?

Thanks for your help, we are looking forward to many Kilos in the car.

Welcome and congrats!

In my 2010 many of the customizable functions are available within the Nav screen, but its a newer system than whats in your 08. I think you need the dealer to adjust those things.

Did you buy it CPO? If so they should make changes once for free...otherwise they might charge you $50-$100 depending on the dealer...some will do it free for goodwill.

We took possession of an 08 ES350 yesterday and are very impressed.

I have been reading this site since we started looking for a Lexus but this is my first post.

My question concerns section 6.2 Customization in the Owner's Manual, can I access this change function or is it only available to the dealer?

If I can make changes,how do I do it?

Thanks for your help, we are looking forward to many Kilos in the car.

The first sentence in the manual has your answer: “Your vehicle includes a variety of electronic features that can be personalized to your preferences. Programming these preferences requires specialized equipment and may be performed by an authorized Lexus

dealership

Good luck with your new ES

Perhaps this needs a separate question but are the Owner's Manuals available in PDF form?

One of the great advantages or ereaders is the ability to have these documents available anywhere anytime.

Thanks

Perhaps this needs a separate question but are the Owner's Manuals available in PDF form?

One of the great advantages or ereaders is the ability to have these documents available anywhere anytime.

Thanks

Try this link.

Thank you Timzter, I was able to get most of what I need.

However, the information appears to be different than my system.

For example, it tells me I can adjust the level of sound for the parking assist but I cannot find that on my car.

Is it possible that US and CDN cars are different?

Thank you Timzter, I was able to get most of what I need.

However, the information appears to be different than my system.

For example, it tells me I can adjust the level of sound for the parking assist but I cannot find that on my car.

Is it possible that US and CDN cars are different?

On my 2010 ES350, the parking assist volume is adjustable by the dealer only. The range in volume is 1-5 and the factory default is set at 3. This is in the 2010 owners manual, page 516, and may not be exactly the same for a 2008 but I bet it is. (This change in setting is true even if you have navigation.)

• 3 weeks later...

I found a Parking Sensor screen under the info button that allows the volume to be set without the dealer.

Now if I could only find the "Setup" button discussed in the Personalized Setting document that was part of the Navigation Manual download.

Thanks for everyone's help.