Need Tunning Advice

tinh_x7

Hi guys,

I'm a new member in this club.

I just got my 04 IS300 a couple weeks.

I love it.

My previous car was a 01 3.2CLS, great speed but suck transmission (AT).

So, I'm switching to this IS300 (A/T).

I wonder is it normal to hear a lot road noise & wind noise while driving in this vehicle?

I don't hear much from my old Acura.

Any tips or advice on this car would be helpful such as how can I save gas for vehicle?

Thanks in advx.

I read on the forum that there is wind noise from the mirrors, and this guys sealed up the gap.....

As for road noise, I suspect its the type and brand of tires, these are low profile and trend to be noisier.

lanH is right in that your road noise is probably caused by the tires. Lexus cars are renowned for their quiet cabin and smooth ride, and a large part of that quiet cabin comes from the right tire matched to the model of car. On my 2010 ES350 I use Michelin Primacy MXV4. Several members use the same tire for the ES because it gives a superior ride for that particular large boat.

I don't have any knowledge of what would be a good selection for your IS but a good place to start is to do a search of the board for other threads regarding the subject. Also Tire Rack and your Lexus dealer. My dealer will price match any price from anybody on any tire wether it's local or Internet. Check what the car came with as OEM. The fact that your tires are low profile is going to affect to some degree the amount of road noise your going to have. If the noise is more important, you might want to try a higher profile tire.

The tires that came with the car right now is 215/45/17 Nexen (made in Korea).

BTW: does anybody in here try the K&N cold air intake on IS300 yet?

Tell me about your experience.

I'm thinking buy one on ebay.

Thanks for the tips guys.