P0171

ejzo57

I recently took my car to get a tune up and the mechanic broke my air box where it would T off, and he put it back together with JB weld and duct tape, yeah how country is that. N-e way my car is now shooting up a code p0171 and its never had that code before so I'm wondering should I buy a new air box or try to fix the old one a little better than the mechanic did or could it be the MAF sensor or a vacuum leak. And I don't want to waste money if I don't have to. Or does some one have a OEM air box forsale.. I just want this CEL gone.... Ima bout to put duct tape over it and go about my biz... can anyone relate and have any suggestions

I recently took my car to get a tune up and the mechanic broke my air box where it would T off, and he put it back together with JB weld and duct tape, yeah how country is that. N-e way my car is now shooting up a code p0171 and its never had that code before so I'm wondering should I buy a new air box or try to fix the old one a little better than the mechanic did or could it be the MAF sensor or a vacuum leak. And I don't want to waste money if I don't have to. Or does some one have a OEM air box forsale.. I just want this CEL gone.... Ima bout to put duct tape over it and go about my biz... can anyone relate and have any suggestions

Hi and welcome. For best results, post this in the GS400 forum. That's where most people will look for it.

• 10 months later...

2001 GS300 PO0171 System too lean bank 1

Could be as simple as the gas tank cap not tightened properly or is worn/damaged so wont seal properly, allowing air to be sucked into the system.

Try to turn the gas cap until it make the squeaking noise. Do it 3 times.

If still have the P0171 problem, then check vacuum hoses for air leaks. Try to listen to where the hissing sound is coming from, or spray water on the hose and listen where water is sucked in, or blow a lot of smoke into one of the large air hoses hooked uop to the air intake box, then check where smoke is leaked out.