Alternator Woes. Will It Fit?

speed101

hey there im new on this forum, but I have been scoping it out for a while XD

anyways I have the usual powersteering leak that destroyed my alternator.

and I have found an ls400 at a junkyard. I was wondering if the alternator from a 1991 ls400 would fit directly onto a 1991 celsior.

thanks

and I have found an ls400 at a junkyard. I was wondering if the alternator from a 1991 ls400 would fit directly onto a 1991 celsior.

thanks

I believe the failure mode is the brushes wear out so there isn't good contact to the slip rings on the rotor (field). Maybe you take it out clean it up a bit and put in a new brush kit?

thanks

A. The early LS400 models are subject to developing PS leaks.

B. The early LS400 models are subject to developing alternator failures.

C. The PS failure results in alternator failures.

D. The only correlation between the two is due to ignoring the PS leak until the alternator fails of its own accord.

How many of the above are true..??

ahhahah thanks for the help guys, switched out the hoses, washers, o-rings and overhauled the pump a week ago no more leak XD but destroyed the alternator while it was leaking :unsure:

and yea the alternator swapped right in!!!!

no more nead for battery charger and portable jumper.

celsior runs great now :cheers:

ahhahah thanks for the help guys, switched out the hoses, washers, o-rings and overhauled the pump a week ago no more leak XD but destroyed the alternator while it was leaking :unsure:

and yea the alternator swapped right in!!!!

no more nead for battery charger and portable jumper.

celsior runs great now :cheers:

Great result.

Your Celsior looks the same color as mine Lexus Dark Silver?

Get yourself some smoked turn signals around $50.00 on ebay takes years off the car!

• 1 month later...

Why buy a junked alternator? Buy the correct alternator from from Tucson Alternator Exchange, http://www.tucsonalternator.com.

Great service, overnight shipping, inexpensive ($129 includes shipping and return FedEx package for returning old alternator), plus life-time warranty!

Good luck!

Why buy a junked alternator? Buy the correct alternator from from Tucson Alternator Exchange, http://www.tucsonalternator.com.

Great service, overnight shipping, inexpensive ($129 includes shipping and return FedEx package for returning old alternator), plus life-time warranty!

Good luck!

I think he sorted the problem nearly 2 months ago. Great advertisement for the business by the way I guess you either own it or work for it?

Steve2006,

I posted my message for the benefit of Lexus owners like myself. I have no ownership, nor interest in Tucson Alternator Exchange. I don't even live in the same state. Have you priced a rebuilt or new alternator recently? There is a tremendous savings. Why are you jumping to such a quick conclusion? Thanks.