1992 Ls400 Headlights

Katripus

Hello,

I am wondering what I should substitute my stock headlights with? I was driving to a different job site and unable to see much infront of me on an unlit highway. I had to follow someone :( as if they were a guide.

I'm considering buying some Eagle Eyes headlights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-94-LEXUS-LS400-EURO-CLEAR-HEADLIGHTS-CORNER-SET-6PCS-/300469425198?hash=item45f55f942e&item=300469425198&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_3430wt_995

Please advise what all basic parts I need in order to do this. I am forever in debt with you all. Any comments or help is greatly appreciated.

I just need an upgrade for these dark areas and curvy mountain roads here in Colorado. By the way, I LOVE my Lexus (bought 6 weeks ago). Best car I've owned.

-Katripus

You are going to need two HB2/H4/9003 "pigtails" since your 92 LS OEM headlights use HB1/9004 bulbs. You can either cut off the existing bulb connector or leave it in place and splice in the HB2/H4/9003 pigtails in case you think you might want to switch back to the OEM headlights. The last time I converted a car to H4 headlights, I bought the pigtails at an autoparts store. Do a google and you will find lots of places to buy them online.

Yes, the 90-92 LS400 headlights are very bad ... main reason I sold my 90 LS in 2003.

Hello,

I am wondering what I should substitute my stock headlights with? I was driving to a different job site and unable to see much infront of me on an unlit highway. I had to follow someone :( as if they were a guide.

I'm considering buying some Eagle Eyes headlights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-94-LEXUS-LS400-EURO-CLEAR-HEADLIGHTS-CORNER-SET-6PCS-/300469425198?hash=item45f55f942e&item=300469425198&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_3430wt_995

Please advise what all basic parts I need in order to do this. I am forever in debt with you all. Any comments or help is greatly appreciated.

I just need an upgrade for these dark areas and curvy mountain roads here in Colorado. By the way, I LOVE my Lexus (bought 6 weeks ago). Best car I've owned.

-Katripus

The design of the early LS400 headlight assembly, reflector, shading, etc, is such that you can have reasonable low beam coverage and the high beams illuminate the sky/moon, or you can have good high beam coverage and the low beam become fog lights. I haven't tried this but I have long suspected that the headlamp assemply from a '95 Ls400 can be swapped in. I have converted at least 3 early LS400's to bi-xenon, HID hi/lo, bulb substitution, and that does help, but not nearly as much as resulted from converting a '95 LS. A friend installed a set of driving light, behind a cutout of the lower valance, and wired them to operate instead of the low beams. While he was satisfied with the results I suspect lots of oncoming driver's were displeased.

Ebay has crystal clear headlamp assemblies by I have no idea of the beam pattern corection or not.