2007 Gx 470 Headlight On During Bright Sunlight In Auto

ArifianoLexiano

Hi...

The past few days I have noticed that the the headlights on my GX 470 are on even during the day. The switch is set to AUTO and even when it is sunny, they remain on. The interior Nav display is also dimmed out and the "GREEN" headlight indicator is also on.

Anyone know why? Do I need to just wash the car or is this a bigger problem.

Thank you!!!

This may not even be close to your problem but any chance you have something on top of the headlight sensor on the dashboard which is causing the lights to be on during the day when you do not want them to be.

This may not even be close to your problem but any chance you have something on top of the headlight sensor on the dashboard which is causing the lights to be on during the day when you do not want them to be.

This is the first thing I would check too. A hat or some papers maybe?

Well I feel stupid...I had a book on the dashboard right above the speedometer....

Thank you guys!!!! Much appreciated...thought it was going to be another expensive dealer visit :-)

I figured the same issue was something covering the sensor. Just for reference, the headlight sensor is one of those two round things on top of the speedometer. Not sure what the other sensor is for.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I feel stupid...I had a book on the dashboard right above the speedometer....

Thank you guys!!!! Much appreciated...thought it was going to be another expensive dealer visit :-)

After all you got rid of that problem, congrats