08 Rx350 Power Back Door

Just bought a '08 RX350 and had a question about the power back door. It opens electronically by holding the PWR DOOR button on the remote and also closes electronically by pushing the button on the bottom of the hatch. It also closes electronically by pushing down on the door a little bit. The only thing I don't understand is that when you go up to the back door and push the handle, it only pops the back door, it doesn't electronically open. Is this normal or do I have something wrong? Thanks.

The only thing I don't understand is that when you go up to the back door and push the handle, it only pops the back door, it doesn't electronically open. Is this normal or do I have something wrong? Thanks.

Yes, this is normal. However! The dealer can adjust the CBEST setting, if you like, so that the back door will open automatically by touching that switch.

Is this normal or do I have something wrong? Thanks.

Yes it's normal. But I will say that I find it handy, the manual control I mean. I often park in under ground parkades and what not, and I often reverse in. When I'm backed in, and I have to gain access to the trunk. I don't always want it to just "swing" open in its entirety, as it could (in my case, it has) hit the wall behind (DOH! moment forsure). Not that it was much damage, but something to keep in mind. Yes I realise the simple answer is why not park a bit further? I know, but sometimes, you just need to open it a bit, or enough, well I do anyways.

My .02