Noisy Tires

geoffpruett

I have a 2003 lx 470 with 150000 miles . One owner . Well maintained. Alignment done when tires new, and redone at 25000 miles. At 40-45 miles per hour Noisy, Noisy. O.K. At highway speeds of 65-75. They are Michelin Latitudes. I need some recommendations for alternative QUIET tires.

• 5 weeks later...

I was experiencing increased road noise and diminished ride quality after 30,000 miles on the OEM Dunlop tires on my 2007 LX470 so at 38,000 miles on the advice of my tire dealer I changed to Yokohama Geolander HTS Go51 275/65R18 114H SL tires and I'm pleased with the ride, low noise and traction with these Yokohama tires.

The OEM tire size 275/60R18 really limits your tire choices and many LX470 owners have been unhappy with the available brands and the tire performance in the OEM size. Many LX470 owners have tried Michelin which are good tires delivering a good, quiet ride with good handling by wear quickly and tend to be a more expensive tire. My tire dealer recommended Yokohama tires in a slightly larger 65 profile which means your speedometer may read 60 miles per hour when in fact you may be traveling at 62 -63 miles per hour is how he explained it to me. You can research tire size and profile performance and specs on the web for more info on this topic and to help you select the proper tire size and profile for your vehicle.

At tirerack.com I read dozens of tire owners reviews on LX470 and other vehicles which is a great place to research tires and hear what owners have to say after extended tire usage in various weather and driving conditions. You can also compare prices on all makes and model tires for the LX470 and other vehicles.

I hope this info helps.