Navagational System Problems

ADT

I just purchased a 2001 430GS it in like new condition with 86000 miles. I am very impressed with the car I have owned Lincolns and Buick. My problem is with the navigational system. I can understand not finding an address due to needing updated but totally wrong directions I do not understand. I have tested it in local areas knowing where I was going and it want me to take roads that do not go to the destination. I was very excited about having an in dash system. But I trust my Nuvi more that this systems.

Is there a way to readjust the system? It has new tires but they are the recommended size. I disconnected the battery and reprogrammed the home and removed all avoid points and marked points. Dealer states I just need to update the system at a cost of $200. But the sites have been around for years. Sure hate to have a Nuvi on the dash and a brightly lighted screen for decoration. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the response to my problem. I have read the manual and the only place I find to change is the (change route and route preference) is this were I change to other than highways. I have turned on the three options.

Where do make sure there are no advertisements linked to my signature? I haven't placed a signature on the site.

I have reset and still have the same problem. I drove into town and pressed home. The instructions had me turn on a highway 2 miles before my exit. I traveled the route and after 5 miles it directed me to make a legal U turn and go back to the major HWY. Totally lost figuratively and possible physically someday.

No the auto correct did not complete the sig

Update your Lexus GPS and see if it works better. $200 is a "nit". Keep in mind that your 01 Lexus GPS is 10+ year old technology. Be glad that you don't have the crude OEM GPS that was in the 2000 GS and LS. A current model bottom of the line Garmin Nuvi will likely out-perform just about any current OEM automotive GPS - Lexus or otherwise ... that's just the way it is.

Where do make sure there are no advertisements linked to my signature? I haven't placed a signature on the site.

My mistake posted that on your post it was intended for another post not yours... :cheers:

Thanks for all the help. I believe I will stay with the Nuvi. I have life time update with it now. Appreciate all the replies. I am still very impressed with the car.

Allen