Ls400 Newbie

blake918

Agent 99

:lol::lol: It's even 45 degrees down here in the "Big Easy." BTW, Get Smart is some of the greatest tv ever!!! B)

Roy, I'll be sure to document and photograph everything I do. I just won brand new repair manuals for $160...ouch!! I need them badly though.

:cheers:

Blake,

I remember now I had purchased the colorcote from one of those t.. infomercials. When I researched it to get some in silver, I found you could only order it online. Here's the website:

http://www.auri.com/auri/index2.htm

Instead I went to my local pep boys and found Turtle wax color cure off the shelf for about $6. I'd stop by the local parts store and look for the Turtle wax brand.

Good luck.

Auto Custom Carpets in Annistan, AL http://www.accmats.com/company/company.htm

sells replacement carpet molded to your floorpan if you feel a need to replace the entire carpet. I've purchased a few for various cars and the look/fit is nearly exact.

If you can feel them then you can remove them.

Go to www.premiumautocare.com there are two types of claymagic claybars, the blue one and a red heavy duty one. Buy the red one and see where that gets you.

And have you driven a NEW ES? Hmmm? ;)

I wasn't at first either, but when you spend time around it it really grows on you, I think its one of the best looking sedans Lexus has ever made. The color makes a big difference too.

I actually think it looks a lot more different than the Camry when compared to older models of ES...

And the ES and the Camry only share 20% of their components :D

Thanks acf :D !

Steve, I think non ES owners are a lost cause on the hole ES vs Camry XLE V6 deal!!! I see no cosmetic similarities in your 03 ES at all when compared to the same 03 Camry. Plus, look in the gallery at Steve's interior...puts the Camry's interior down to Kia levels. The first ES300's imo looked nothing like its Camry counterpart, but I will say that the most attractive ES to me looked the most like the Camry- in 97-01. I agree the 02-__ ES is a very attractive car...except for that sportdesign model! However, I think Lexus's early '00 styling was the best like the RX300, ES300, and the absolute best looking Lexus being the 98-00 LS400! Just my $.02 ;)

However, I think Lexus's early '00 styling was the best like the RX300, ES300, and the absolute best looking Lexus being the 98-00 LS400! Just my $.02 ;)

With compliments like that, I can't even be jealous of a H.S. Senior that owns TWO LEXUS VEHICLES :lol:

Blake, let the maintenance begin! :D

With compliments like that,  I can't even be jealous of a  H.S. Senior that owns TWO LEXUS VEHICLES :lol:

let the maintenance begin! :D

Hehehe! It is nice to see 2 Lexus keys on the key chain(for a little while!)! However, the ES will be gone just as soon as the LS is reapired. My friends tell me that I should get a bumper sticker that says "My other car is a Lexus." :lol::lol: Funniest thing I've heard in a while! It kills me to see the LS half dead in the drive way :( . She'll be better soon!

The 98-00 has long been my favorite Lexus too, but as I see the new 04 more and more I'm moving towards that. The original LS430 is quite frumpy looking IMHO but in 04 they made it look like it should have the first time.

This one is exactly like his, right down to the chrome wheels, but he has a black interior

LSFM1.jpg

LSFM2.jpg

LSFM3.jpg

LSFM4.jpg

Its a gorgeous car, in person it really has a lot of presence and heft, it seems much bigger and more imposing than his old LS400.

Those are some very nice looking cars B) ! They remind me very much of the S class Merc which is no bad thing whatsoever! I dunno though....not much could top the 98-00 to me. I love the chiseled lines(I never really noticed how sharp the lines on the sides of the car were until I got my '95) and everything else about that generation...lol! But, to each his own! Do all 430's have navigation?

Hey,

They finally put the gas cap on the driver's side!!!! :D Is this new in 04, or did they start in 01,02..... This is where it's suppposed to be :lol:

It doesn't look as "Bold" to me.....but an excellent look in its own right. I love the fact it's got more trunk room, leg & int. room, and longer wheelbase (01+). The nose is "stubbier", but still agressive.

I love the pearl white finish the best - what a car!!!!!!!!!!!!

More torque, smoother, quieter.......a totally awesome machine :rolleyes:

What's is cost to lease one of these puppies?

blake- The car is availiable without navigation but most cars have it. His is totally loaded, Ultra Luxury package, navagation, special leather and wood, power/massaging rear seats, keyless start, bluetooth phone.

99- See I think the 04 is much bolder and more aggressive than any previous LS400. You can't really tell in the pics but the nose has a lot of sharp creases. There are two creases in the hood that are almost an inch deep, looks very aggressive from behind the wheel. The chrome dual exhaust tips do a lot for the car also, I always felt they were missing from a complete picture on the 95-97, 98-00, and the 01-03. They took chances here that Lexus has never been willing to take before. It should be really interesting to see what Lexus does to the car for 2007.

A fully loaded one leases out around $1200 a month, a base model (if you can call it base) which has about the same amenities as a 98-00 LS400 can be had for $900 or so a month.

And yes, Lexus gave in about the fuel filler on the drivers side in 2001 LOL. My ES has it on the drivers side too.