Buying A New Ls430

lexusls430

sup guys,

newbie here....this looks like great site, so i thought i'd stop by and ask a few questions.

i'm in the market for a new ls 430. i've noticed that the price for this car is pretty attractive, but the options seem a lil on the high end (one option was like $5,000 and another was like $10,000). just wondering if anyone can offer any tips on negotiating and insight on what this car comes with standard.

I live in So Cali (LA), what can I expect to pay for a LS430 (i've looked into the Mercedes S430 and E500 as well, and I was able to get invoice for the E500 cuz mercedes has some sort of rebate kickback thing for their dealers so they dont markup on their cars).

any feedback is appreciated. tks :)

Expect to pay a lot. There aren't too many neg. tips we I can give you regarding a new car, but I would definitely recommend buying the car from a city where there isn't much competation like a small town dealer. Chances are the price will be cheaper already. If you were on the North East Corridor, I would have recommended a dealer, but you're not.

To cut back on cost, I would also recommend not getting the fancy Mark Levinson stereo since that's probably the 10k option.

Most common neg tip. Trade in. If you have one, make them buy it for more. Do a Kbb.com trade-in and private sale comparison. You may find out that you can sell your car for more if you sell it yourself.

And last, come into the nego. table with a number in mind, and don't budge. Never smile or agree to anything, unless you know for sure that's what you want, and be prepared to walk out the door. If they don't stop you from walking out, the dealer isn't worth dealing with.

ENJOY :)

Personally, I wouldn't mind getting an Infiniti G35 Coupe. That's nice to me.

Talk to these folks:

www.acscorp.com

They're a buying service and will negotiate the car for you, get a great price and deliver it to your door.

You can actually get a really great deal on the LS430, you just have to walk into the dealership tell them, I want this, and I'll buy it now if you can sell it for this. Research the price. I'd offer invoice and negotiate up from there, you can get the invoice from www.carprices.com. Get quotes from at least 3 dealers, best to contact via internet.

Using this method, and taking my time I got my ES300 which stickered at $41000 for $35,500 which is around $800 over invoice. I was offered an LS430 on the lot for a similar price (relative to cost obviously, but similarly $800 or so over invoice.

The carprices site can break down the packages for you, but the $12,000 package is the Ultra Luxury selection. This includes mark levinson (which is awesome, you have to get it) the navigation system (I dont know how I lived without it) an air suspension system, active cruise control (it has a sensor in the front that judges distance and slows the car down accordingly), ultrasonic backup assist, more leather interior coverings (dash and door panels), different wood, better leather, power heated and cooled front seats, power/memory/massage rear seats, a rear seat beverage cooler, rear seat controls for audio and climate, a rear sunshade, power door and trunk closers.

If I were to do an LS, this is the car I'd do, the extra features are fantastic This car stickers around $72,000 with chrome wheels, expect a nice discount from that, the invoice is about $60,000, so I'd expect to pay between $65,000-$67,000 depending on demand and on whether your car is in stock.

The $6000 option is the Custom Luxury selection which has all the options on the Ultra, but no power/memory/massage rear seats (they're only heated), no rear seat audio or climate controls, no beverage cooler, no power closing doors or trunk, and no air suspension.

This is probably the best bet, you get all the goodies, and you save $6,000 that is tied up in the rear seats. There is also very little ride difference between the air suspension and the standard struts. This car stickers for around $67,500 whith chrome wheels and the invoice is around $56,600. I'd expect to pay between$59,500-$61,500 depending on the same variables. This car also has a better resale rate than the Ultra because of the air suspension and its cost to repair.

The most common LS, and the one you'll get the best deal on is the "Nav/Lev" car. This car is the basic car with the navigation system and the Mark Levinson audio installed. These cars generally also come with Lexus link. This car stickers for around $64,000 with an invoice of about $55,000. This car you should be able to get for around $1,000 over invoice, because this is what most dealers stock.

It will be almost impossible to find a car without the navigation or the mark levinson. Lexus generally ships each model two ways, in the case of the ES its generally the loaded car like mine with the navigation and levinson, or a more basic car without these two options and the myriad of things that come with them. With the LS, they usually come Nav/Lev or Ultra Luxury, the Custom and base cars are harder to find. If you want a base car, go to a lower income area as they tend to stock more.

If you can find one, the base car is around $57,000, you can get this car for 51-52k.