Lexus Vibration

pemarsh

I was all set to purchase a Lexus GX 470 after seeing one at an autoshow, which would have replaced my Sequoia.

However, after doing further research on this vibration thing, I have changed my mind.

Several posts in this and other forums have noted that Lexus has admitted to this problem, and is currently looking for a fix.

Now that Lexus has admitted to it, there really must be a problem here, and that has convinced me that spending $$$ for this would be a mistake.

I hope if anyone hears that there is finally a fix for this problem, they will post it here.

• 4 weeks later...

I was all set to purchase a Lexus GX 470 after seeing one at an autoshow, which would have replaced my Sequoia.

However, after doing further research on this vibration thing, I have changed my mind.

Several posts in this and other forums have noted that Lexus has admitted to this problem, and is currently looking for a fix.

Now that Lexus has admitted to it, there really must be a problem here, and that has convinced me that spending $$$ for this would be a mistake.

I hope if anyone hears that there is finally a fix for this problem, they will post it here.

:) Hi..i might have an answer for the drive line jerking upon stopping,etc. I had a Chev SS with a similar problem (a common prob. for them).My dealer dropped the drive shaft and applied a white (lube..grease), made for this prob. It fixed it. Hope this helps. I have an 04 Infiniti FX,really like it. If this fixes the prob.. you can email me at : rhine@sasktel.net I wood like to know..bye..lloyd

Quite the contrary, now that Lexus has identified the problem there will be a fix for it, and it will be rectified, probably in new cars first. Wait a couple months then special order a GX from the factory and I'm sure the problem will be solved. Lexus wouldn't recognize the problem if they could not rectify it.