2009 Is250 Awd - Hid Kit?

Hi, I drive an 09 IS250 AWD (Canadian model), but it only has halogen that's why I want to change to HID along with HID fog as well

I'm thinking of going 6000k since any lower doesn't look as good in my opinion, and any higher is illegal here.

I just want to get some advices from you experienced pros out there :)

1. where is a good place to buy? (either online or locally in TORONTO to YORK REGION area)

2. what is a good brand for the is250, that won't cause any problems later on and is reliable?

3. what do i exactly have to buy? (full conversion kit? bulb? ballast? i'm new at this....)

4. what is a reasonable price for everything? (low beam + fog together)

I wanna get this done before summer hits!

Thanks in advance yall!

I too have the same issue with my 250 where i want to upgrade, i tinted my taillights and moved up north and its illegal, i got pulled over and got a ticket so while i am fixing my tail lights might as well do HID head lights

Don't. You're projectors are just fine.

Oh, but wouldn't that be halogen projector since my car came with halogen lights?

You got two types of headlights.

1. Reflector: The bulb sits in front and the light reflects off a curved shiny surface. You can see the bulb from the front.

2. Projector: The bulb sits behind a lens which shapes the beam and projects it onto the road.

All the HID kit does is give you a brighter, whiter light for that projector.

I got the MTEC kit in my car for three years now and all I did was change bulbs and put in the ballast kit. Trust me.

Don't. You're projectors are just fine.

Oh, but wouldn't that be halogen projector since my car came with halogen lights?

You got two types of headlights.

1. Reflector: The bulb sits in front and the light reflects off a curved shiny surface. You can see the bulb from the front.

2. Projector: The bulb sits behind a lens which shapes the beam and projects it onto the road.

All the HID kit does is give you a brighter, whiter light for that projector.

I got the MTEC kit in my car for three years now and all I did was change bulbs and put in the ballast kit. Trust me.

Thanks! What do you recommend to buy? (not too expensive..) I found this: http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=produ...1&parent=85

wondering if that's decent...the price seems okay considering this place sells for much more expensive: http://www.hidkits.net/product_info.php?products_id=5

I'm planning to get 35W H11 6000k for lowbeam and 35W 9006 6000k for fog.....

The kit is probably ok. However the 6000 K is gonna be pretty blue and give less light output. 4300 K would be equivalent to stock HID and most people use 3000K for fogs so they are more yellow.

OTOH if you just want blue and want the lights to match, not caring about light output then go with the 6000K.

The kit is probably ok. However the 6000 K is gonna be pretty blue and give less light output. 4300 K would be equivalent to stock HID and most people use 3000K for fogs so they are more yellow.

OTOH if you just want blue and want the lights to match, not caring about light output then go with the 6000K.

yeah i been hearing that. but personally i think the 6000k would look better? i got stock xenon on the other car at home and it kind of looks weird with stock halogen fogs....

• 1 year later...

Hi, I drive an 09 IS250 AWD (Canadian model), but it only has halogen that's why I want to change to HID along with HID fog as well

I'm thinking of going 6000k since any lower doesn't look as good in my opinion, and any higher is illegal here.

I just want to get some advices from you experienced pros out there :)

1. where is a good place to buy? (either online or locally in TORONTO to YORK REGION area)

2. what is a good brand for the is250, that won't cause any problems later on and is reliable?

3. what do i exactly have to buy? (full hid kits? bulb? ballast? i'm new at this....)

I wanna get this done before summer hits!

Thanks in advance yall!

try ddmtuning or motorfiend ,they are both good sites for hidkits

You can get OEM hidkits now they usually have 18monthes guarnatee

3. what do i exactly have to buy? (full conversion kit? bulb? ballast? i'm new at this....)

You need to buy full hid kits

around 70$,you can get them all

Hope it helps ya