Brake Lights

elivrx300

You didn't say anything about the fuses. Have you checked them? Also, you should check the brake light switch if the fuses check out OK. I encourage you not to simply look at the fuses but actually check them with a test light or DVM. Best thing to do is start at the source of the power if you have a problem such as that, and then work down line in checking. Shot gun approach or "hop-scotch" is not good. :)

You didn't say anything about the fuses. Have you checked them? Also, you should check the brake light switch if the fuses check out OK. I encourage you not to simply look at the fuses but actually check them with a test light or DVM. Best thing to do is start at the source of the power if you have a problem such as that, and then work down line in checking. Shot gun approach or "hop-scotch" is not good. :)

I had almost the same problem, except it was ALL the back lights. It turned out to be (after several hours of checking wiring harnesses) a shorted wire in the back hatch, by the handle/latch. Apparently, a wire had gotten pinched, and finally rubbed through, causing a short. The tip-off was the brake light fuse kept popping as soon as it was plugged in.

Good luck. As code58 said, check the fuses, then just go on down each line until you find the problem.

thanks for your input, yes I only did a visual inspection of brake fuse have not used a meter yet will try that tommorrow with the help of my friends tools.

again thank you very much! :)

I had almost the same problem, except it was ALL the back lights. It turned out to be (after several hours of checking wiring harnesses) a shorted wire in the back hatch, by the handle/latch. Apparently, a wire had gotten pinched, and finally rubbed through, causing a short. The tip-off was the brake light fuse kept popping as soon as it was plugged in.

Good luck. As code58 said, check the fuses, then just go on down each line until you find the problem.

now that you mention a short I suppose that could also be possible since this started also noticed that whenever I use the cruise control and use my turn signal lights it causes the cruise control to go off and as long as the turn signal lights are on there is also a noticeable drop in the engine's rpm's., any suggestions ?

thanks,

Elias.

• Like 1

Hi I have a 2002 RX300 and the brake lights have stoped working can someone help, already replaced all but 3rd brake light bulbs, still not working any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Elias.

maybe your brake light switch is bad or misadjusted...I believe it is down by the brake pedal....Located above the brake pedal on a bracket.....The other possiblility is the fuse.....20A stop fuse