Interchangeable Seats For Ls400?

Paris Q

I have a 1990 LS400 w 245,000 miles (bought new) and it still runs like a dream. Problem is the driver's seat spring/cushion support is shot and I get a serious back/hiney ache when I drive for more than an hour. I figure my options are to have the seat rebuilt (assuming I can find someone in the Central Mass area to do it) or to replace the seat. I'd rather not buy the same seat from a same-year junked LS400 as I may be buying another tired seat. Anyone know if later model LS400 seats will fit same tracks? If so, I'd switch out for a junked later model and possibly get a better seat. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

What we need to do is start a seat exchange program.

You guys have worn driver's seats but the passenger one is normally OK but your passenger seats are driver's seats in the UK and vice versa due to LHD/RHD so we could all get some decent seats.

The only problems are shipping :D and all the control switches will be on the wrong side.

If anyone is thinking of asking me sorry no I'm not coming over for a cruise from Ft.Lauderdale this year and I don't think Virgin Atlantic would accept a UK Lexus LS400 front passenger seat as hold baggage!

You guys have worn driver's seats but the passenger one is normally OK but your passenger seats are driver's seats in the UK and vice versa due to LHD/RHD so we could all get some decent seats.

The only problems are shipping :D and all the control switches will be on the wrong side.

If anyone is thinking of asking me sorry no I'm not coming over for a cruise from Ft.Lauderdale this year and I don't think Virgin Atlantic would accept a UK Lexus LS400 front passenger seat as hold baggage!

well the idea is good anyway.....

like a lot of other stuff, it just wont work.....

well the idea is good anyway.....

like a lot of other stuff, it just wont work.....

I know, one day I'll invent something, get a patent on it and RETIRE!!!