90k Maintenace?

youbetcha!

Attached are the 90K maintenance requirements for a 2003 LX470 from the owners section of https://www.lexus.com

A maintenance booklet containing these requirements should have come with your LX.

The first scheduled spark plug replacement for your 03 LX is 120,000 miles -- they are Iridium spark plugs and could probably go even longer that that. I had the Iridium spark plugs replaced for the first time on my 00 LS at 120,000 miles a few weeks ago and the plugs showed no sign of deterioration ... and the car doesn't run any better with new Iridium plugs -- it ran perfectly with the old plugs.

"Normally" the timing belt change includes replacing the water pump, the tensioner, two idlers, a few O-rings and maybe a few other small parts -- at least those were the additional parts replaced during the three timing belt changes I've had done on Lexus V8 cars.

The last timing belt change I had done (on a 2000 LS400) cost $780 including the above mentioned parts at an indie shop specializing in Lexus with the work done by a former Lexus dealer mechanic. I'm guessing the cost will be similar for an LX470.

post-2157-1268004092_thumb.jpg

Attached are the 90K maintenance requirements for a 2003 LX470 from the owners section of https://www.lexus.com

A maintenance booklet containing these requirements should have come with your LX.

The first scheduled spark plug replacement for your 03 LX is 120,000 miles -- they are Iridium spark plugs and could probably go even longer that that. I had the Iridium spark plugs replaced for the first time on my 00 LS at 120,000 miles a few weeks ago and the plugs showed no sign of deterioration ... and the car doesn't run any better with new Iridium plugs -- it ran perfectly with the old plugs.

"Normally" the timing belt change includes replacing the water pump, the tensioner, two idlers, a few O-rings and maybe a few other small parts -- at least those were the additional parts replaced during the three timing belt changes I've had done on Lexus V8 cars.

The last timing belt change I had done (on a 2000 LS400) cost $780 including the above mentioned parts at an indie shop specializing in Lexus with the work done by a former Lexus dealer mechanic. I'm guessing the cost will be similar for an LX470.

Thanks for your help!! I know sometimes Owner Manuals adds a few things that dont necessarily need to be done....