Illuminated Switches

kenmac

Does anyone know if you can replace the bulbs in the electric window switches as mine are really dull, and also the rear fog light switch is this illuminated as mine works fine but the headlight adjuster is lit up but not the fog light switch.

Does anyone know if you can replace the bulbs in the electric window switches as mine are really dull, and also the rear fog light switch is this illuminated as mine works fine but the headlight adjuster is lit up but not the fog light switch.

The backlights on the window switches of my 00 LS400 are not very bright either. It would have been nice if the light intensity was adjusted up and down with the rheostat switch with all the dash lights. I think the lights in the window switches are diodes -- never heard of anyone replacing them.

I doubt if many on this North American part of Lexus Owners Club is going to know anything about your headlight beam adjuster dial or the rear fog light switch next to it -- Lexus cars sold in North America didn't have manual beam adjusters or rear foglights. I wouldn't know about this stuff either if I hadn't had Lexus LS400 owning co-workers in the UK and Europe.

I'm guessing that your rear foglight switch would be easy enough to pop out of the dash so you can have a looksee -- might require removing the trim panel under the dash.

A good bit of the switches in the dash/console are lit with bulbs, I found out after replacing the shift level indicator on mine. I ordered the bulbs for the transmission select and ride height switches by the lever and the heated seats and traction control switches above the ashtray. They weren't cheap though.

The window switches though as said are not replaceable easily, you could do a solder in job though with LEDs, there's a lot of stuff online about people converting their entire dash cluster and switch arrays to LEDs. Pretty cool if you have the patience for tedious work.