Backup/reverse Globe Change

BigGlenn

• 1 month later...

Here is a thread that describes how: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...l=reverse++bulb

You might consider buying a clip removal tool if you don't have one -- the one I have is like a screw driver with a Y-shaped metal blade to grip the clips without breaking them or stressing the trim panel you are removing. A clip puller sometimes will break a clip -- your Lexus dealer will be happy to sell you more clips. Attached is a photo of a clip puller -- there are lots of varieties for different uses but they all work about the same.

post-2157-1268680842_thumb.jpg

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the link but it does not describe the globes I want to replace.

The ones I want to change are the globes in the clear reverse lenses, these are mounted either side of the number plate.

When taking the carpet/cover off the inside of the tailgate I can see the two pannels that cover the stop lights/indicators but the reverse lights look like they are part of a pannel that the number plate mounts either on to or through into the tailgate.

You cant access the reverse globes from the inside of the tailgate - looking through the gaps in the tailgate you can see the silver coloured light mounts/housings but you cant access them. Maybe I should take off the number plate but from recollection there are no screws - maybe the whole pannel clips on the ourside of the tail gate??

Thanks,

Glenn

Sorry, I was going by the following text in the link I provided previously:

"Once you have fully removed the whole carpeting, there are two panels inside on each side of the tailgate. Each is held on by 3 philips head screws. remove the screws and pull the panel off, revealing the bulb housing and sockets. The bulb closer to the inside of the vehicle is the one you want to replace, the one closer to you is the reverse light."

Attached is a diagram showing the reverse light bulb.

post-2157-1268745988_thumb.jpg

Hi JIm,

Yes, that's the light but once you remove the panels via the three philips screws you still cant get to the back of the reverse lights (maybe my hands are too big?), but I cant see how you can do it.

Glenn

• 9 months later...

Hi JIm,

Yes, that's the light but once you remove the panels via the three philips screws you still cant get to the back of the reverse lights (maybe my hands are too big?), but I cant see how you can do it.

Glenn

bump?