Anyone Have A Picture Of The New Mats & Accelerator?

peteanello

My appointment with Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria, VA, in response to the floormat recall is next week. I just called them to make sure I will be able to just get the software update and NOT the pedal modification nor the floor thinning, with the provision I sign a waiver. At first they said yes, no problem, but then they called me shortly thereafter to tell me that "their boss" said that they won't be able to do that. It is either all or nothing and that they are required by law to apply all the remedial steps as part of the recall. I told them that some people hava brought their ES to the Lexus dealership in Rockville, MD, and they allowed the option to get only the software update without the pedal and floor modification. They said that this is not allowed and that the Rockville dealership can get into trouble for doing this. Talk about mixed messages!! I will call the Lexus Customer Experience number and talk to them about this and find out why some dealerships allow the software update ONLY, while other dealerships require the all-or-nothing approach!

I called the Lexus Customer Experience number. They also said that the dealership has to perform ALL the steps for the recall. Can't do only part of it, and no waivers. :angry:

Those of you who got only the software update lucked out!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My appointment with Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria, VA, in response to the floormat recall is next week. I just called them to make sure I will be able to just get the software update and NOT the pedal modification nor the floor thinning, with the provision I sign a waiver. At first they said yes, no problem, but then they called me shortly thereafter to tell me that "their boss" said that they won't be able to do that. It is either all or nothing and that they are required by law to apply all the remedial steps as part of the recall. I told them that some people hava brought their ES to the Lexus dealership in Rockville, MD, and they allowed the option to get only the software update without the pedal and floor modification. They said that this is not allowed and that the Rockville dealership can get into trouble for doing this. Talk about mixed messages!! I will call the Lexus Customer Experience number and talk to them about this and find out why some dealerships allow the software update ONLY, while other dealerships require the all-or-nothing approach!

I called the Lexus Customer Experience number. They also said that the dealership has to perform ALL the steps for the recall. Can't do only part of it, and no waivers. :angry:

Those of you who got only the software update lucked out!!

Steve, you're right. I called Lexus at Rockville, and they agreed to do only the software update without the pedal/floor modification.

• 2 weeks later...