'04 Lexus Is - Need Help Replacing Light Bulb

puffthomas

IS Family,

I'm a newbie to the site and willl be back often after what I saw tonight. Tonight i need your help on replacing my light bulb. Has any posted instructions on here? I did a search and only saw the one about replacing your headlight. Any help would be appreciated.

-Nish

Which bulb do you need to replace?

Welcome.

Thanks for searching. As above what bulb is bad, please try to give as much info as possible when posting.

Hey guys, sorry for not providing much detail. It's the main builb in the headlight. I took a picture with my cell phone, I'll have to upload it later. But my right headlight has like a purple tinge when it turns on. My dash also shows the light that something is wrong with the headlight.

Yep, when the bulb turns that color it's worn out. You might want to consider replacing both to get the original 4300K color temp.

If you look at the back of the headlight you should see a gray disk with some ears on it to grip for turning. Turn that disk just a few degrees clockwise if you are standing in front of the car and that cover should pop right off. I believe it's sealed by a rubber o ring. Once you have that off, you can see how to unplug the bulb and replace. There are some wire clips holding the bulb in place. Pop those off and replace the bulb. Be careful not to touch the bulb surface with bare hands. Use cloth gloves or something to hold it.

Bak,

Thanks, but I'm a little late on replacing both. I had the Lexus dealership install the one last night and it came out to like $550! I found this on EBAY and ordered it on Saturday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

That should work, right?

So i don't have to take the headlight off to get to the bulb, right?