Buying All-weather Floor Mats For Rx400h

Hey guys,

I've been wanting to buy a set of the OEM all-weather (rubber) floor mats for my Rx400h to protect the carpets from the rain, snow, salt and sand etc.

I've stumbled across a few "used" sets on ebay, but i'd rather buy new.

I've known about the Es350 floor mat "runaway car" issue that's caused Lexus to recall all their mats, but apparently this goes for the Rx400h as well.

I tried to purchase a new set from LexusParts.com, Parts.com, Carson toyota/Lexus/scion etc, but a few days after the purchase i get an email stating the mats are no longer available for sale.

I e-mailed them as to why they are not for sale, and i got the response of:

"Hello Christopher, I am sorry to inform you that yes the All Weather Mats are not for sale at this point. They are on stop sale not a recall. They are not selling this for now untill they solve the problem. Since there was a incident that person had several mats on top of each other and had a accident. So Toyota just to play it safe is not selling these mats untill its solved."

So what do you think i should do to get a set of these mats? I don't care if i get the recalled set, as honestly the issue isn't with the mats themselves as it is with stupid drivers not knowing how to secure them... The prices for the set from the sites above is around $90+shipping which is reasonable, but i'm not sure how much the dealer would charge.

Thanks for any help! :D

If you're not dead set on the factory mats, consider WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Liners

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct...7&Year=2006

These things offer complete (you can't even see any carpet) protection and, as is obvious from the pictures, can't get stuck over the gas pedal.

Just as an aside, isn't it funny that when cars came with rubber floors, we wanted carpeted mats - now cars come with carpeted floors and we want rubber mats.

Also, I think Toyota is now admitting that there might be a 'wee' problem with accelerators, as well as the mat problem.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2010-0...talong_st_N.htm

I've had the OEM rubber mats since day one on my 2007 RX400H. when I got them the salesman said you can't put them over the stock mats. The rubber mats were installed and the stock mats were in laying in the back of the car.

I like them.

Lenny

If you're not dead set on the factory mats, consider WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Liners

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct...7&Year=2006

These things offer complete (you can't even see any carpet) protection and, as is obvious from the pictures, can't get stuck over the gas pedal.

Just as an aside, isn't it funny that when cars came with rubber floors, we wanted carpeted mats - now cars come with carpeted floors and we want rubber mats.

Also, I think Toyota is now admitting that there might be a 'wee' problem with accelerators, as well as the mat problem.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2010-0...talong_st_N.htm

Hi Lemon,

Since I liked those mats from weathertech, very much, and they mention on their site that they would ship overseas as long as potential buyers contact them by email to get shipment costs, I did just that via their link but I am getting no reply whatsoever... Are you aware that they would be closed or bankrupted or anything else maybe ?

Thank you in advance. Cheers.

Well the economy has hurt everyone here, but I seriously doubt that Weathetech is out of business. I have seen their operation and they seem to do very well. And they still have multi-page ads in major car magazines.

Tom

Well the economy has hurt everyone here, but I seriously doubt that Weathetech is out of business. I have seen their operation and they seem to do very well. And they still have multi-page ads in major car magazines.

Tom

Thank you. I went on their UK site and ordered just what I needed. Only difference is prices are the same but in British pounds rather than us$... I guess that must be part of Europe's charm.. :)

Tom

Thank you. I went on their UK site and ordered just what I needed. Only difference is prices are the same but in British pounds rather than us$... I guess that must be part of Europe's charm.. :)

They have a UK site? That's cool. I thought it was great that they had a dedicated Canadian site (in CDN dollars). It's good when a company makes it convienient to order their products without worry about figuring out shipping and the exchange etc. etc.