2007 Es350 Noisy Brakes When Backing Up

DRH333

I just bought a certified preowned 2007 Lexus ES350. When I back up, the brakes make a loud sound like a french horn being blown. When I tell the dealers, they laugh it off, and say it happens when the brakes are wet, and that it will stop once they dry. It does it all of the time. They obviously are knowledgeable about the problem, but have no intention of fixing the problem. Does anyone know more about this brake situation? Thanks

Brakes will commonly make some noise when backing up because the rotors are worn by braking while going forward. However, they shouldn't make that loud or distinct a noise.

Having the rotors resurfaced will fix it I'm sure. Not a warranty repair probably...

DRH333,

There is a TSIB number BR-002-07 that addresses the problem you describe. I have a 2008 ES and had the same problem and the dealer repaired under warranty. The repair is covered un the Lexus comprehensive warranty for 48 months or 50,000 miles on 07-08 ES vehicles. There is a VIN# that has a effective change date, but other than that you should be able to have the repair under warranty with no problem. If you need additional information, please reply and I will attempt to give you the direct link. Hope this helps.

travelguy

DRH333,

There is a TSIB number BR-002-07 that addresses the problem you describe. I have a 2008 ES and had the same problem and the dealer repaired under warranty. The repair is covered un the Lexus comprehensive warranty for 48 months or 50,000 miles on 07-08 ES vehicles. There is a VIN# that has a effective change date, but other than that you should be able to have the repair under warranty with no problem. If you need additional information, please reply and I will attempt to give you the direct link. Hope this helps.

travelguy

Thanks for the information. If you have the link, it will be great. Either way, I will discuss this further with the dealers.

DRH333,

See the attached link regarding the rear brake noise. http://www.lexustsb.com/questions/213/TSIB...MATURE+PAD+WEAR . My dealer repaired the brakes and acknowledged that there was a recall. In full disclosure however, I must give all the credit to another, a1s1a1, who posted a site that has all of the TSIB for your ES from 2007-2008. This information helped me a lot and I want to thank him again. Attached is his original link http://www.lexustsb.com/categories/Lexus+ES/ES350/?page=1 There is also a youtube video dealing with this problem and demonstrating the sound while backing up.

Additionally, let me mention to you that I also joined a Lexus Drivers Owner Benefits site, see the link https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...enefits/home.do

After joining this site and registering my ES by VIN#, all of my repair history appeared under the heading "MY Lexus" and they also provide and new recalls or information regarding you ES model year. This site has been very helpful. If you have any problems with the information let me know and I will try to provide it some other method. I understand that sometimes you need all the information you can get, even when dealing with your honorable Lexus dealer.

Good luck,

My 2007 ES350, almost 30k miles, has the same squeak issue when it's back up, and it usually happens in the rainy days. I had it fixed by the Lexus dealer in Fremont CA last Friday. They adjusted the brake position, smoothed the rotors, and also installed 4 new pads. Now it works great. It's covered by warranty, no charge at all.