Help, Dutchy Needs Info About Wheelnuts

Hello US RX owners. I need your help.

I am from Holland (Europe) and owner of a nice RX 350 2007. I bought this used car 10 months ago in Germany complete with 4 wheels with wintertires. Now I try to fit them but its impossible. I think the problem can be that there is a difference between the RX made in Japan (thats mine) and your RX made in Canada. My Lexus dealer has no answer.

The European RX wheels fits with 5 wheelnuts, with a flat base and a ring. So the wheelnut bore is flat / cilindric and is 38 mm wide. I need a 21 mm wheelnut tool to take the wheels off.

The (original Toyota - Lexus ) (winter)wheels (Make RC) have a wheelnut bore of 28 mm and conic (tapered) wheelnuts. Using the original wheel-fitting tool is not possible. I dit not get any of these wheelnuts, but on a US internet site I saw RX wheellocks with conic- tapered base.

My question: can it be that the original Canada made RX is fitted with these conic wheelnuts?

And how long is the studlength for fitting the wheel. because they look too short for fitting my winterwheel ?

Greetings from Holland

Are you saying that you need different wheel nuts to mount your snow wheels/tires?

If this is the case, are their specialty wheels shops where you live where you could try to find wheel nuts like you need?

I do not have an RX but the aftermarket wheels I use with snow tires on my 2000 LS400 require different wheel nuts.

In the attached photo, the left wheel nut is the wheel nut for my OEM Lexus wheels. They have a "flat base and a ring" like the wheel nuts you described.

The right wheel nut in the photo is for my aftermarket (not Lexus or Toyota) wheels that I use with snow tires. As you can see, the base of the nut that touches the wheel has a pronounced conical shape.

Having to use different wheel nuts or bolts for different sets of wheels may be fairly common. A friend has two sets of wheels for his Mercedes E320. Although both sets look identical, each of the two sets of wheels requires its own set of wheel bolts.

I apologize if I am not understanding the problem. Perhaps you could supply photos that would help explain the problem.

post-2157-1262802971_thumb.jpg

Hello US RX owners. I need your help.

I am from Holland (Europe) and owner of a nice RX . I bought this used car 10 months ago in Germany complete with 4 wheels with wintertires. Now I try to fit them but its impossible. I think the problem can be that there is a difference between the RX made in Japan (thats mine) and your RX made in Canada. My Lexus dealer has no answer.

The European RX wheels fits with 5 wheelnuts, with a flat base and a ring. So the wheelnut bore is flat / cilindric and is 38 mm wide. I need a 21 mm wheelnut tool to take the wheels off.

The (original Toyota - Lexus ) (winter)wheels (Make RC) have a wheelnut bore of 28 mm and conic (tapered) wheelnuts. Using the original wheel-fitting tool is not possible. I dit not get any of these wheelnuts, but on a US internet site I saw RX wheellocks with conic- tapered base.

My question: can it be that the original Canada made RX is fitted with these conic wheelnuts?

And how long is the studlength for fitting the wheel. because they look too short for fitting my winterwheel ?

Greetings from Holland

The OE lugnuts for that vehicle with ALLOY Wheels would be the lugnuts that you are talking about with the washer and part of the lugnut enters the wheels bolt hole to keep it centered. If your winter wheels are steel wheels or has similar bolt holes to a steel wheel that would be why they gave you different lugnuts. The washer lugnuts probably don't fit inside the bolt holes of your winter wheels.I'm thinking the outside diameter of the winter wheels lugnuts are 19mm which is probably why the OE tool doesn't work. Just use the proper wrench for them or purchase the same style lugnuts that have a 21mm diameter. Hope this helps. Oh and if your concered about the length you can always buy the lugnuts with open ends so they go all the way in.